• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Army targetting the poor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army targetting the poor

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/6199274.stm

Of course it could have nothing to do with the fact that those in poor areas are visited by a disproportionately high number of "businesses" trying to get the "poor" in to work?

Oh no...that CANT be the reason can it. Its so obvious to these morons that them evil army recruiters are deliberately targetting the poor because everyone knows the poor cannot think for themselves!

Honestly...when will the government ban groups with career prospects for the poor from visiting them!

Mailman

Eh?

Comment

Those well known political observers 'System of a Down' also noted this happening in the States. This moved them to write BYOB including the following lyrics:

And where the **** are you?
      Where the **** are you?
      Where the **** are you?
      Why don't presidents fight the war?
      Why do they always send the poor?
      Why don't presidents fight the war?
      Never thought I'd see the day when System and Plaid Cymru are on the same political ground but there you go...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Plaid AM Leanne Wood said "The army is clearly targeting the most deprived areas in Wales."
        Of course and why not?! Those with lower job prospects are far more likely to sign up.

Silly cow, I don't know what she is moaning about.

Anyway, who would want to share a trench with Tony Blair? A dark alley perhaps...

Comment

This has been going on for thousands of years. The poor males get paid to fight and the poor females get paid for sex. Sometimes it’s the other way around. There are times when the extremes of the activity vary e.g. sport instead of war, but it’s the same thing. It’ll be the same in a couple of thousand years too.
          Drivel is my speciality

Comment

What I want to know is what other "businesses" have been in to these poor areas trying to get cut rate employees...because I bet once you actually have the full picture you will find that the Army isnt the only group after the poor!

Mailman

Comment

Everyone knows this happens. When I was going through basic one of my instructors basically accused everyone signing up cos they could get feck all else outside of the military. Only myself and about 2 other people disagreed. 1 said he only went in the recruitment office to get out of the rain (which made us chuckle).

Comment

Chuckle yes....probably earnt him a beasting as well.

I;m still serving with the TA and have been on ops with the Regs and it sounds harsh but your average squaddie is exactly that from a poor background and not a rocket scientist.

Whats wrong with this? The army isnt going to pitch £9k a year squaddie jobs to Eton graduates are they?

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
                  What I want to know is what other "businesses" have been in to these poor areas trying to get cut rate employees...because I bet once you actually have the full picture you will find that the Army isnt the only group after the poor!

Mailman
                  What is a cut rate employee?
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Cut rate employees = most of the so called contractors who visit this forum

or...cheap labour...either way they are the same thing

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                    X