• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Customer requested a revised invoice to correct address - does it reset the clock?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer requested a revised invoice to correct address - does it reset the clock?

I chased a late paying customer recently - they responded quickly, which was nice, but have now requested a revised invoice to make the most minor of minor corrections to their address. (Foreign address, so I got it slightly wrong)

I've got a feeling that they're now going to want to process this is another [x] days. Just to nip this in the bud, do they have any rights to do so?

I wouldn’t put it past most Accounts Payable departments I’ve met
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

What is the issue if they do? Do you believe there is a risk they won't pay? You got cash flow issues?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        What is the issue if they do? Do you believe there is a risk they won't pay? You got cash flow issues?
        No cashflow issues, but it's not an insignificant amount of money and, mainly, it's mine so I'd like it safely in my bank.

They asked for an extended payment deadline and have already missed that by quite a margin - I don't want to have to wait another month or so, to then have another merry go round with them. Although they responded quickly - they were "faffy" (Asking me to resend the invoice, confirm that that I sent what they paid for (Was a software license) etc) which is making me nervous.

They're not a huge company, so yes, I suppose there is a risk they may not pay.

At this point I'd just like to know where I stand.
        Last edited by vwdan; 25 January 2018, 11:37.

Comment

Just make the new invoice payable with 7 days or something.

Comment

I wouldn’t consider this a material change to the invoice that would require a credit note and whole new invoice IMO. You’re just amending the address. I would amend the address and resend the original invoice with no change to the due date.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
              I wouldn’t consider this a material change to the invoice that would require a credit note and whole new invoice IMO. You’re just amending the address. I would amend the address and resend the original invoice with no change to the due date.
              This.
              Change the address, then send the invoice, still with the original invoice number and date on it.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Cool - I'd actually sent it as a "Revised" invoice (I.e. INV123R) so I'm hoping that serves the same purpose. Sit and wait I suppose.

Comment

Got insurance, IPSE etc? Might want to cue that up
                  ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                    Cool - I'd actually sent it as a "Revised" invoice (I.e. INV123R) so I'm hoping that serves the same purpose. Sit and wait I suppose.
                    Yes, you could do that - and if your customer is in somewhere like Italy, you’ll need to make it different. Sticking a letter at the end makes it fairly clear that it is linked to the original, but changing it may mean they request a credit for the original.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X