• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whats the score this weekend? Any plans?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the score this weekend? Any plans?

TFA

Off to see The Post this evening
    A weekend of new year catch ups with friends: dinner on Saturday with one and a wander about the V&A on Sunday with another.

Your good self?

Comment

Getting finished off with manflu

Comment

Child and wife free tonight so a trip to the pub is in order.

Lots of lycra clad cycling over the weekend getting ready for the new season. Burns night super tomorrow.
        Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Out on the pull tonight - getting divorced innit

Comment

TFA.

Tonight is badminton night, with a house viewing just beforehand.

Tomorrow my girlfriend and I are off for a half day at my health club which will include some Squash, a run, a swim and then something to eat I hope!

Sunday doing a big roast for my Dad, step mum and her son and his other half, then spending the evening celebrating / commiserating the fact it's the last week of my contract come Monday.

Should be a cracker!

Comment

Getting a spare key sorted/cut for my Maser, Sunday got a car valet co. coming round - waterless, be interesting to see how that works. 18 Euro for exterior and alloys, not bad for Dublin, no £3.00 valets in old petrol stations here.....

Rebuilding my Mac, it's got full of crap and programs I installed for reason I can remember.

Intended going to the trad fest in Temple Bar but will probably just have a long, slow wank instead....

Comment

TFA

The missus has made Pollo a la Catalana for dinner tonight. Yum.

General sorting out tomorrow in the workshop. I've got an old school lathe and milling machine - I'm thinking of keeping the milling machine and swapping the lathe out for a newer one with CNC capability (man maths coming in very handy there). The milling machine needs some adjustment; it's not holding collets correctly so I'll be faffing about with that and putting some duplicate metalworking accessories on the 'bay. There may or may not be a new old car project coming soon so need to get this sorted. I've got a Victorian lamp project (gas to electric conversion) that's three years old I've done nothing with cluttering up some floorspace so may take a look at that too.

With all the rain we've had a tree down so the gardener is coming round Sunday to give me a hand to clear it. Numerous trips to the tip with the car full of leafy branches will no doubt follow.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

tonight relaxing

tomorrow after the youngest finishes her grammar school exam prep class, we're driving to the mountains, staying in a hotel on the main square of one of the small towns, going for a pizza/Italian and then sunday morning we are off for a day's cross country skiing and then home

Lockhouse, your workshop sounds like my dad's he's even got a jig borer big enough to take the block of an engine, three lathes, horizontal and vertical mills, etc all 3 phase, and just like you he has a Victorian street light, which I acquired during my university days

I have building a decent workshop on my shopping list for castle benes, including a pit and enough space for 3 cars and a few of my dad's machines.
                  Milan.
                  Last edited by milanbenes; 26 January 2018, 13:23.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    Lockhouse, your workshop sounds like my dad's he's even got a jog borer big enough to take the block of an engine, three lathes, horizontal and vertical mills, etc all 3 phase, and just like you he has a Victorian street light, which I acquired during my university days

I have building a decent workshop on my shopping list for castle benes, including a pit and enough space for 3 cars and a few of my dad's machines. My two car garage is full of 5 bikes, tractor, barbecue, winter tyres, bench, normal lawnmower, scarifier, strimmer, hedge cutter, garden vacuum etc can't move in there

Milan.
                    I am suitably impressed. Alas my workshop is not three phase nor that large - internally it's only 4m square. Manufactured by Palmako - highly recommended - the timber is 44mm thick. It arrived as a kit. It took a weekend to get the structure built and two more weekends to do the roof tiles and fitting out.

We've got an integral double garage which actually has two cars in (seems to be a rarity). We're currently getting quotes to level the land next to the garage so we can put up a 6x6m car port. All part of a medium term plan for me to play with classic cars in my retirement.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X