• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Warning: PayPal Scam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning: PayPal Scam

Received a letter today from "PayPal Credit" telling me that me account is £1200 in arrears - I do have a PayPal account but not PayPal Credit. Did a quick search of the "0800" number quoted in the letter - looks like this is a scam. Thought I would post as a warning to others.

I will report this to PayPal and ActionFraud.

Originally posted by Normie View Post
    Well done.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

For thems that know what's going on with their paypal account, it'll be suitably ignored. Silly people, like my parents, are less likely to twig. My mum believed that Microsoft had spotted she was having problems with her PC (even though it was her broadband on the blink) and that they really wanted to help fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        For thems that know what's going on with their paypal account, it'll be suitably ignored. Silly people, like my parents, are less likely to twig. My mum believed that Microsoft had spotted she was having problems with her PC (even though it was her broadband on the blink) and that they really wanted to help fix it.
        I was gigging at M$ when my mother got one of these. She rang me up to see if I knew who the guy was who was calling her and could I tell him she didn't need any help.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

I got Dave Shawadiwadi ringing my parents with the usual Microsoft problem, I think I managed to keep him on the line for around 45 minutes trying 'fix' my macbook pro... where is that windows key again Dave?

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
            I got Dave Shawadiwadi ringing my parents with the usual Microsoft problem, I think I managed to keep him on the line for around 45 minutes trying 'fix' my macbook pro... where is that windows key again Dave?
            My ex did something similar. Videoed it too. He got some entertaining swears from the chap. I think he put it on youtube

Comment

My ex did something similar. Videoed it too. He got some entertaining swears from the chap. I think he put it on youtube
              Scum. Linky?

Comment

I keep falling for that scam where a busty lady wearing a crop top and no bra, jiggles her norks in my face, whilst an accomplice steals tenners from my wallet.

Ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                  i do this when i'm bored and get a call.
                  they don't do Linux in a jockinese accent very well. - 52 minutes is my record

Comment

Originally posted by Normie View Post
                    Received a letter today from "PayPal Credit" telling me that me account is £1200 in arrears - I do have a PayPal account but not PayPal Credit. Did a quick search of the "0800" number quoted in the letter - looks like this is a scam. Thought I would post as a warning to others.

PM me your PayPal account details and I will check it hasn't been compromised.

Comment

Working...
                    X