• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ten pin bowling etiquette

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ten pin bowling etiquette

So went ten pin bowling at the weekend (Cheshire Oaks for this who are in the area )

And as those of you who have bowled will know you share your balls with the people in the lane next to you.

So i noticed the guy in the next lane was using the same colour balls as me (green ones) which was fine - and then I looked over and he was munching a pack of quavers - no cleaning his hands before he stuck his fingers in the ball holes.

So i went and got myself a new green ball which I kept off to one side when not in use.

No I am not mister ocd clean but come on there are limits to what you should have to endure.

Or not?

You mean you don't have someone who cleans and polishes your balls?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      You mean you don't have someone who cleans and polishes your balls?
      Well when I got my 'own' ball so as not to use the one which have been quavered the two daughters took it in turns to hold and polish it whilst they were not bowling.

Does that count?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        ...And as those of you who have bowled will know you share your balls with the people in the lane next to you...
        Er... no you don't. I've never been in a bowling alley where balls were shared (ok - sometimes with the people you're playing with).
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Er... no you don't. I've never been in a bowling alley where balls were shared (ok - sometimes with the people you're playing with).
          Wow must just be a northern thing then - seems to be two lanes with 1 ball return thing in the middle - which then does lead to a ball rack with two sides - but the balls just randomly decide which side to go down.

so even if we had 'separate balls' if we both bowled at the same time we would not know which ball was mine and which was his when they popped out of the ball return chute.

Comment

Wow must just be a northern thing then - seems to be two lanes with 1 ball return thing in the middle - which then does lead to a ball rack with two sides - but the balls just randomly decide which side to go down.

so even if we had 'separate balls' if we both bowled at the same time we would not know which ball was mine and which was his when they popped out of the ball return chute.
            This is only way I've ever seen it done - not that I go often.

Comment

...e we would not know which ball was mine and which was his ...
              Yes you would. His is covered in quavers.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It's a long time since I have been but I must admit that I thought that the balls came back along a dedicated return rail, eg the one to the right of the alley. The thought of someone else's sticky quaver-finger in one of my holes is frankly appalling.

Have you considered marking your balls - maybe writing on them with a sharpie or drawing a smiley face?

Comment

You are a man, pick that ball up, go over to this other person. Say to them in a clear and strong voice, "my ball".

Then take a quaver from his packet of crisps and shove it in your mouth. Then whilst crunching the quaver, say "understand bitch?".

Sorted.

Comment

Don't eat free nuts laid out in bars.
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                    X