• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sherry.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sherry.

Can anyone recommend me a nice sherry?

I have people coming over Xmas who are very posh and have very high standards! They like sherry, but I'm guessing they dont mean QC!
    The pope is a tard.

Originally posted by SallyAnne

I have people coming over Xmas who are very posh and have very high standards! They like sherry, but I'm guessing they dont mean QC!
    Forget the sherry, offer them a "G & T" or Pimms.

Comment

Or, some top quality Port maybe. Very nice with a tad of blue cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
        Pimms.
        mmmmmmmmmm Pimms No.3 with apple juice
        Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

A chilled Manzanilla usually goes down well - don't spend a fortune, you don't need to. Most large supermarkets do a couple of decent ones.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

VOS 20 yr old Dry Amontillado - dry - £30 - lovely.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I would only use Sherry for a snack with cheese, they compliment each other. I would suggest Champagne as an arrival drink at Christmas as it is not heavy on the pallet. For afters, a good Port helps to digest the food.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Why do you call people with 'high standards' posh?...

P.S. When addressing them, do not finish all your sentences with 'mate' - it's a dead give-away

HTH
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                  Why do you call people with 'high standards' posh?...

P.S. When addressing them, do not finish all your sentences with 'mate' - it's a dead give-away

HTH

I class anyone who doesn't read he Sun and drink Carling posh.
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

I read the Sun, but I don't drink Carling

Comment

Working...
                    X