• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where in London ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where in London ?

Lovely landlord gave us notice on Friday, and as I am not a native Londoner I always struggle with finding a nice place to live. We are in NW3 at the moment, which is nice, but I wondered if people could share their ideas about good places to live in London.

Putney. Never lived in London but used to date someone who lived there. If I was to move to London I would try and find something in that area.

Comment

Avoid anywhere near murder mile

http://www.channel4.com/4homes/ontv/...006/worst.html
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan
        Putney. Never lived in London but used to date someone who lived there. If I was to move to London I would try and find something in that area.

Yep - my choice too. Stick to the 'SW' postcodes from SW2 Brixton (if you like it "lively"), through Clapham (SW8/9) ,Battersea, Putney, Barnes, Richmond & Wimbledon etc.
        Some 'NW' areas and 'N1' are cool. 'W9' (Maida Vale/Westbourne) is nice too

Comment

Originally posted by Hart-floot
          Yep - my choice too. Stick to the 'SW' postcodes from SW2 Brixton (if you like it "lively"), through Clapham (SW8/9) ,Battersea, Putney, Barnes, Richmond & Wimbledon etc.
          Some 'NW' areas and 'N1' are cool. 'W9' (Maida Vale/Westbourne) is nice too
          Agreed, my preference is Clapham.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

I would choose Birmingham.

HTH

AtW

Comment

Twickenham is nice and not as expensive as Richmond (if you don't mind the 80000 rugby fan invasion every once in a while). Isleworth is an up and coming area and has some good property, too
              Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

yup its all about SW at the moment.....
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Now is the time to buy in London, as the era of cheap London property is ending and the boom in house prices begins to take off.

Comment

I lived in SW LOndon and hated it

Was there 5 years. People are either snobby or yobs(generalisation). I moved back to SE LOndon as soon as I could. Prices better as it is not as Trendy - but there are far more average people there. THere are also a few snobs and some yobs - the yobs are everywhere.

I blame the press after the Stephen Lawrence thing - it was a horrible thing that happened to an innocent lad - but to blame an entire region as racist is not right.

Also, the transport links to city and West End are excellent.

Comment

Working...
                    X