• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will diesels be banned in city centers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will diesels be banned in city centers

Morning All,

I have to replace the Q7 this year for fiscal reasons and am deciding between an SQ7 (a diesel) and a Cayenna S (petrol).

I'd prefer the SQ7 to the Cayenna as it is only an Audi and not so in your face as a Porsche, but I am worried
    that diesels will be banned in city centers, I'll be owning the car for 5 years, what is the chance diesels get discriminated
    against during the next 5 to 7 years ?

If it's not looking good for diesels then I'll get the Porsche petrol

What do you think

Milan.

Make sure you get the name right before you walk in to the Porsche showroom so you don't look like a poor wannabe wasting their time....
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Make sure you get the name right before you walk in to the Porsche showroom so you don't look like a poor wannabe wasting their time....
      I don't waste my time on details

Milan.

Comment

Centre (Was in my 7 year old's spelling test this week by the way)

It's not binary any longer is it - there's the ad blue stuff on the latest engines so as long as it's Euro 6 (or whatever the latest/best is) then you're likely to face less discrimination.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Don't get me started on Guildford OPC...
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            Morning All,

I have to replace the Q7 this year for fiscal reasons and am deciding between an SQ7 (a diesel) and a Cayenna S (petrol).

I'd prefer the SQ7 to the Cayenna as it is only an Audi and not so in your face as a Porsche, but I am worried
            that diesels will be banned in city centers, I'll be owning the car for 5 years, what is the chance diesels get discriminated

What do you think

Milan.
            We've just ditched both our diesels, The Wife (tm) is getting a Q3 petrol quattro, and I'm leaving Audi, heading south west through Switzerland and then up over a pass into Italy.

The Wife (tm) sometimes drives into London with work, and that is doubling in price for diesels. RFL on new diesels is increasing massively. The MOT costs are going up for them and the price of the fuel is only going to rise.
            I blame Jeremy Corbyn, because if he was in power it would be much worse. Nothing to do with fake emissions tests, the government encouraging us to buy diesel and now wanting to tax it through the roof.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
              Morning All,

What do you think

Milan.
              Anything which does not scream 'I have a tiny d1ck and am compensating'

Comment

has to be the SQ7, Fast big car

london will fall 1st

https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle...-a3533506.html

Comment

ok thanks, petrol it is then

now I need to see if I can get a deal on the new cayenne S

Milan.

Comment

I got a petrol for my last car - diesels are getting spanked more and more.
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                    X