• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OK To Refuse Work To Contractors With No SC...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK To Refuse Work To Contractors With No SC...

Looks like the MOD is no longer saying you can't refuse people work if they aren't secuirty cleared, it is now only Strongly Discouraged....

Feckers

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/Ab...onsultants.htm

Do I need a security clearance, or does my company need security cleared staff to bid for MOD contracts?
    No. You do not need to hold security clearances to bid for MOD work advertised in OJEC and other sources. The MOD contracting procedures make sure that there is no competitive advantage in having prior security clearances. Requests for any clearances required are raised during the contractual process. A number of commercial organisations advertise for staff with security clearances. This practice is neither necessary nor desirable, and is strongly discouraged by the MOD.

Originally posted by Ardesco
    Looks like the MOD is no longer saying you can't refuse people work if they aren't secuirty cleared, it is now only Strongly Discouraged....

Feckers

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/Ab...onsultants.htm

I worked for them and I wasn't security cleared - I filled out my forms on the day I got there.
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

That is how it is supposed to happen, previously they said that no SC was not a reason to refuse a contract and you could report agencies for this sort of thing, however it looks like they have changed the wording on the new website.

Comment

Personally, I don't see what else the agencies can do about about this.

Realistically, a Hireing Manager isn't going to want to offer a job to someone who might wait 3-6 months for clearance to come through.

OK, the average might be three weeks, but you only have to have something strange on your form (such as a small period of work outside the UK, any counrty, even a friendly one) and it takes *forever*.

If HMG want to stop agents asking for 'already cleared people' they should put their own house in order and structure projects so that generic work can be done by people without it. They can then take on usefully skilled people immediately and wait for the clearance whilst they are on the project.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123
          OK, the average might be three weeks, but you only have to have something strange on your form (such as a small period of work outside the UK, any counrty, even a friendly one) and it takes *forever*.
          Just discovered this, and maybe even worse.

I applied for a job which requires security clearance and have been told I may not even be accepted for an interview because I currently work for a company which is based in France. I work from home in the UK nearly all the time, only occasionally going over to France for essential meetings. They've put my CV forward anyway, but seemed very doubtful.

They'll probably hire a Panorama reporter with a fake passport instead.

Comment

Working with the MOD contracts for several years and this change of policy is so typical of them. If MOD can’t sort a problem out they change the rules to match the situation.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by dang65

They'll probably hire a Panorama reporter with a fake passport instead.
              Is that like a crystal reporter?
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Working...
              X