• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NDA - My personal details or that of my company?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NDA - My personal details or that of my company?

Hi Guys,

When you guys get NDAs to discuss work etc prior to starting do you get them written up in the name of your company and it's agents or directly to you?

I have two on my desk right now that are between me (personally) and the company. I am of the thinking that they should be with my limited company and not me personally.

Is it a big deal i.e. Should I go back and get them re-written, update myself and notify the counter-party of update or just ignore and sign?

What do others do?

Thanks

Just sign it.

Assuming it’s a plain and simple NDA and not signing away your life/property.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

It depends on the wording.

Current client has two versions, one I will sign and one I wont. (They NDA by project).

The one I will sign is between Client Co. and My Co. No names mentioned. The one I wont sign names the individual signing it as an employee of Client Co. and refers to HR processes, disciplinary action etc. for breech of the NDA.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

mostly the problem is they try to place too many restrictions

so for example, preventing you talking to anyone they introduce you to, when those organisations may well be already known to you, or so dominant in the industry Microsoft/oracle/etc that any attempt to prevent you talking to them subsequently will put you in severe problems

its that kind of unreasonableness I usually get changed

as for whether its in the ltd or personal name, obviously its better for you if its in the ltd name, but I would sign either if part of something lucrative enough

Comment

Working...
        X