• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bad first day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad first day

First day with a client today. Went to move from one office building to another. Car started playing up. Spent rest of day on phone to AA and standing on the pavement while mecahnic worked on it. Had no choice, car needed to do 100 miles this evening to get me home. I look like a right idiot to the client. He brought me in to do a job and what did I do? Spent almost all day mucking about with my car. Not happy.

Originally posted by super
    First day with a client today. Went to move from one office building to another. Car started playing up. Spent rest of day on phone to AA and standing on the pavement while mecahnic worked on it. Had no choice, car needed to do 100 miles this evening to get me home. I look like a right idiot to the client. He brought me in to do a job and what did I do? Spent almost all day mucking about with my car. Not happy.
    Apolagise. Dont charge him. Work through night to sort stuff out. Buy better car.

Sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
      Apolagise. Dont charge him. Work through night to sort stuff out. Buy better car.

Sorted.
      Yeah -- already told him it's no charge for today. Still don't suppose it impressed him though. (PS. The car's not very old, so particularly infuriating).

Comment

Working...
      X