• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going back to PS org

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going back to PS org

I’ve worked at a PS org for 2.5 years outside IR35 finishing March last year but had a few contracts over the last 12 months

I’ve been offered a contract - verbally from the client but wonder is it to risky to go back as it’s inside ir35 although they have upped the day rate by 85%

It will be with a different agency than before and a different job title (or I can ask for one)

How risky do people think it is for attracting retrospective action?

85%??? Wild horses wouldn't stop me taking that gig.

It would be nice to let whoever it was that said there has been no impact that your client is having to pay 85% more now and let him explain how that is no impact.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'd say just about zero chance of retrospective action. Depending on your circumstances and the 85% rate uplift I would forsee major pension contributions being your friend by salary sacrifice.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Yea I was a bit surprised by rate they offered me and yet to see it written down. It’s 85% more than my first contract with them 4 years ago and about 40% more than what I’m on in financial services outside of Ir35 but know through umbrella company i’ll Get hammered compared to working as a ltd but rate increase alleviates it some what

Just not sure whether to go for it or gamble on a contract in private sector

Comment

I did similar recently. Ensured via a different agency (they gave me the choice from a list of approved ones) and via umbrella rather than my Ltd, and that the contract is different in that it has all the inside IR35 crap I ensured wasn't in my previous outside (judged by review service not client) contract. The gap between contracts also helps to show I wasn't doing the exact same thing post PS IR35 changes.

The decent rate increase was also nice.

Using a brolly rather than ltd means I can get favourable tax position via pension contributions to negate NI taxes for first £40k, so financially I'm better off (eventually, if the pension is worth anything by time I want to access it ) than when I was outside IR35 on the lower rate before. Thanks HMRC.

Just need a decent war chest to not have to draw more than minimum salary via umbrella.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
          X