PDA

View Full Version : something agents and clients will be interested in

DimPrawn
5th December 2006, 15:28
You know when a contractor says it will take two days of solid graft right, well, instead of working, they spend a lot of their time posting crap in Internet forums and the like.

Yeah, shocking, innit?

:rolleyes:

Spacecadet
5th December 2006, 15:35
You know when a contractor says it will take two days of solid graft right, well, instead of working, they spend a lot of their time posting crap in Internet forums and the like.

Yeah, shocking, innit?

Thats called building in contingency time, then even if it is completed sooner you don't want the client expecting it to be done so quickly everytime.

Better to set a realistic time scale that you can stick to, rather than be over optimistic and miss it.

Troll
5th December 2006, 16:00
I always over estimate & deliver early.... loads of brownie points

ZZZZ Snoozer
5th December 2006, 16:04

Yeah, shocking, innit?

Even more shocking, I have heard of Contractors telling porkies on their CV/Resume, exaggerating their skills, claiming to have skills which they in fact don't, that sort of thing

Hard to believe that this goes on, but there you are.....

DimPrawn
5th December 2006, 16:07
A few really cheeky ones learn on the job and pretend they were earning big money in their previous contract to boost their chances of a rate rise next time.

:eek:

I can't believe I've let that one out of the bag.

Francko
5th December 2006, 16:09
Even more shocking, I have heard of Contractors telling porkies on their CV/Resume, exaggerating their skills, claiming to have skills which they in fact don't, that sort of thing

Hard to believe that this goes on, but there you are.....

I have also known of a guy that claims to be a SAP experts and wants to learn .NET even if his only expertise is in changing backup tapes. Since he moved to Europe, he even managed to get away and got some SAP contracts for 5 euros an hour.

Theinformer
6th December 2006, 08:40
I always over estimate & deliver early.... loads of brownie points

sounds like my sex life. minus the brownie points

Mailman
6th December 2006, 10:09
Haha...although that last bit sounds dodgy :D

Then again, I guess it was the best 5 seconds of her life and in all honesty who really cares. After all you are still smiling at the end :D

Mailman

Theinformer
6th December 2006, 14:25
exactly.

The way i was always taught was the faster you go, the more likely you are to win the race.

so its not unusual to hear a shout of winner coming from my house at certain times of the evening (usually 5 minute intervals)