• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

something agents and clients will be interested in

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

something agents and clients will be interested in

You know when a contractor says it will take two days of solid graft right, well, instead of working, they spend a lot of their time posting crap in Internet forums and the like.

Yeah, shocking, innit?

Originally posted by DimPrawn
    You know when a contractor says it will take two days of solid graft right, well, instead of working, they spend a lot of their time posting crap in Internet forums and the like.

Yeah, shocking, innit?

Thats called building in contingency time, then even if it is completed sooner you don't want the client expecting it to be done so quickly everytime.

Better to set a realistic time scale that you can stick to, rather than be over optimistic and miss it.
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

I always over estimate & deliver early.... loads of brownie points
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn

Yeah, shocking, innit?

Even more shocking, I have heard of Contractors telling porkies on their CV/Resume, exaggerating their skills, claiming to have skills which they in fact don't, that sort of thing

Hard to believe that this goes on, but there you are.....
        Why the avatar? Well anyone accused of plotting against Gordon Brown can't be all bad.

Comment

A few really cheeky ones learn on the job and pretend they were earning big money in their previous contract to boost their chances of a rate rise next time.

I can't believe I've let that one out of the bag.

Comment

Originally posted by ZZZZ Snoozer
            Even more shocking, I have heard of Contractors telling porkies on their CV/Resume, exaggerating their skills, claiming to have skills which they in fact don't, that sort of thing

Hard to believe that this goes on, but there you are.....
            I have also known of a guy that claims to be a SAP experts and wants to learn .NET even if his only expertise is in changing backup tapes. Since he moved to Europe, he even managed to get away and got some SAP contracts for 5 euros an hour.
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
              I always over estimate & deliver early.... loads of brownie points
              sounds like my sex life. minus the brownie points

Comment

Haha...although that last bit sounds dodgy

Then again, I guess it was the best 5 seconds of her life and in all honesty who really cares. After all you are still smiling at the end

Mailman

Comment

exactly.

The way i was always taught was the faster you go, the more likely you are to win the race.

so its not unusual to hear a shout of winner coming from my house at certain times of the evening (usually 5 minute intervals)

Comment

Working...
                  X