• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feckin' "Middle of two lanes" queue policers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feckin' "Middle of two lanes" queue policers

Does my chunk in....

800 yds to the roadworks when it goes down from 2 lanes to 1 and theres a Tesco lorry straddling both lanes trying to be the "queue cheat police" and stopping people using the inside lane.

Makes no sense at all. Surely the best idea is to use both lanes and "zipper" in at the bottom. Drivers in the uk are just thick.

Stupidly, there was a "hows my driving" thing on the back of the tesco lorry. Surely a bit dull to be playing silly buggers when people can call up to moan about you're driving (which I did).
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Only one thing worse than thick drivers and that is tedious chunts that moan and complain about their trivial problems on internet forums.

I'm sure your feedback from your call will help improve the driving on UK roads be a complete and utter waste of everyone's time.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 26 February 2018, 09:32.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Only one thing worse than thick drivers. Tedious chunts that moan and complain about their trivial problems on internet forums.
      Over on the AccountancyUK forum, there's a guy "ManchesterManUK" who talks about a tedious lad who keeps contacting him to ask trivial problems and moan and complain. I feel sorry for him.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Only one thing worse than thick drivers and that is tedious chunts that moan and complain about their trivial problems on internet forums.

I'm sure your feedback from your call will help improve the driving on UK roads be a complete and utter waste of everyone's time.
        Nope whats worse is people who see a thread on an internet forum that doesn't interest them but they still waste their own time replying to it instead of ignoring it. Whats that quote from Einstein?
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Does my chunk in....

800 yds to the roadworks when it goes down from 2 lanes to 1 and theres a Tesco lorry straddling both lanes trying to be the "queue cheat police" and stopping people using the inside lane.

Makes no sense at all. Surely the best idea is to use both lanes and "zipper" in at the bottom. Drivers in the uk are just thick.

Stupidly, there was a "hows my driving" thing on the back of the tesco lorry. Surely a bit dull to be playing silly buggers when people can call up to moan about you're driving (which I did).
          "how is my driving" sticker is just an attempt to stop people reporting serious stuff to police, they hope people will instead ring that number and they can promise to investigate but of course the driver gets away free. if they are bad enough to merit a call ring the police instead, at least there is a chance something may get done about it, although often they carnt be bothered either.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
            "how is my driving" sticker is just an attempt to stop people reporting serious stuff to police, they hope people will instead ring that number and they can promise to investigate but of course the driver gets away free. if they are bad enough to merit a call ring the police instead, at least there is a chance something may get done about it, although often they carnt be bothered either.
            Cool grammar bro.....
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Cool grammar bro.....
              what der yer mean like eh

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                The police force are stretched enough as it is without the likes of PsychoChunt calling them to report Tesco lorry drivers!
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  Does my chunk in....

Makes no sense at all. Surely the best idea is to use both lanes and "zipper" in at the bottom. Drivers in the uk are just thick. ...
                  No it flippin' isn't. You're the one who is just thick!

Everyone goes through a restricted lane section much faster if the cars just join at the back of the queue.

It's selfish tosser cheats like you that slow everyone down with your "zipper" bollox !
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Pschocandy is right in Germany cars use the "zipper" principle, encouraged by adverts and road signs to drive like that. By queuing up before the single lane actually simply increases the length of the single lane and increases the size of the traffic jam.

It's true that generally people in the UK are a bit thick.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X