• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Choosing an IFA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choosing an IFA

So I'm after some advice on pension options (maybe some on general investing as well) and want to talk to an IFA before I take the plunge (thinking of taking out a SIPP, having read up on them variously here and elsewhere).

I'm nearer the end of my career than the beginning (unfortunately) so any choices I make now are a bit more critical in terms of returns and I want to make the best informed choices that I can.

The question then, is how do you lot choose an IFA - ideally I'd use a recommendation from a trusted friend or colleague but I don't really know anyone who has used one recently.

I could just randomly select from the list on the MAS website but there must be a better way?
    Do what thou wilt

You need an IFAA?

Comment

It’s heavily regulated so they should all be similar. It will cost you.
      If you live in Leeds area I can recommend someone.
      For a SIPP you don’t need an IFA but an IFA will help you look at the whole picture.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Just give me half your returns and I will make you rich.....
        Be very careful any advice doesn't cost you more than you make, the costs are very important.

How many years of work have you got left ?
        What, if any, current pension provision is in place, perm jobs etc ?

Comment

Working...
        X