• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nationwide Building Society House Price Index Feb 2018

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nationwide Building Society House Price Index Feb 2018

Key Points

House price growth falls back in February

• Annual house price growth slows to 2.2%

• Prices fall 0.3% month-on-month

Full report here:

https://www.nationwide.co.uk/-/media...8/Feb_2018.pdf

Seeing a lot of properties in my area having their asking prices reduced having sat on the market for 3-6 months

Comment

I think this is it. The crash has arrived. Plenty of sheep will suddenly decide to sell and cash in their 'profit' before the crash arrives, thus precipitating the crash. Be ready and have cash in bank and hoover up those cheap houses.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Been watching properties in the area we want to move to, lots of houses coming on at inflated prices compared to last year. Waiting for them to fall before we market ours again.
        Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
          Been watching properties in the area we want to move to, lots of houses coming on at inflated prices compared to last year. Waiting for them to fall before we market ours again.
          That too - some ridiculous valuations against other properties on the same street

Comment

Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
            Seeing a lot of properties in my area having their asking prices reduced having sat on the market for 3-6 months
            Yup, serves them right. Nice to see the pendulum swinging the other way for a bit.
            ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              I think this is it. The crash has arrived. Plenty of sheep will suddenly decide to sell and cash in their 'profit' before the crash arrives, thus precipitating the crash. Be ready and have cash in bank and hoover up those cheap houses.
              It won't crash yet. Could in 2019 though when landlords get hit by S24 - a tax most aren't even aware of yet

A mini crash will probably ensue but at this time I can't see it happening TBH. London is being re-rated and already down some 10% but it'll probably trickle down another 10% or so and relax there.

We're looking to move house and the next rung on the ladder is a good 50% more expensive than current home, so a crash would in some ways do me good, relatively speaking of course.

If you want to know what a crash feels like, buy Crypto. I'm down 70% in 6 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                It won't crash yet. Could in 2019 though when landlords get hit by S24 - a tax most aren't even aware of yet
                Agree, we are getting closer to a crash, but think it will take Komrade Korbyn to show what a proper failed state looks like. Till then it's up 700% and down 10% worst case.

Comment

Working...
                X