• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Appointment of a New Ltd Co Director

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appointment of a New Ltd Co Director

Hi all,
    New here so be gentle..
    I am bankrupt as of Dec 2017, I was director of a Ltd Co but resigned in Dec 2017 in accordance with bankruptcy requirements.
    I now have an offer of some temporary work, only snag is the contract would need to be through a Ltd Co. Umbrella Contracts or sole trader contracts are not allowed with this particular client.
    So my question is, can I appoint a new director so I can be an employee of the Ltd co? it would be someone in the family. Is this allowed?

Best Regards

Directors

Couple of issues around it, first being that recruiters prefer to have the consultant as a director so you may come up with a barrier on that front.

Also, you have to be careful that you don't become a "shadow director", so you're unable to make any decisions for the company, signing authority on the bank account, etc.

First instance, check with the recruiter if they're happy with that kind of structure. Also if you're not discharged and acquire shares (i.e. your own company) your trustee may need to be notified. Worthwhile checking on that as not 100% sure it's still the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren at DynamoAccounts View Post
      Couple of issues around it, first being that recruiters prefer to have the consultant as a director so you may come up with a barrier on that front.

Also, you have to be careful that you don't become a "shadow director", so you're unable to make any decisions for the company, signing authority on the bank account, etc.

First instance, check with the recruiter if they're happy with that kind of structure. Also if you're not discharged and acquire shares (i.e. your own company) your trustee may need to be notified. Worthwhile checking on that as not 100% sure it's still the case.
      And if he wants to be an employee of the limited surely it's better he just goesUmbrella and avoids all the risks and pitfalls?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        And if he wants to be an employee of the limited surely it's better he just goesUmbrella and avoids all the risks and pitfalls?
        Except

Originally posted by Volvogriff View Post
        only snag is the contract would need to be through a Ltd Co. Umbrella Contracts or sole trader contracts are not allowed with this particular client.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          Except
          Why let irrelevant detail get in the way of a good answer....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Why let irrelevant detail get in the way of a good answer....

That should replace 'everything for the successful contractor' at the top of the page.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              That should replace 'everything for the successful contractor' at the top of the page.
              Indeed. I did wonder about that. Surely the successful contractor wouldn't need all this so it really should say 'Everything for the tulip contractor' surely?

Comment

Working...
              X