• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Computer Glasses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer Glasses

I've had an eye test and bought general glasses for driving/everyday use and a pair specifically for computer work.

The optician recommended that I have a pair just for using at the computer. The general varifocal glasses would be a pain with large PC screen I use for programming and dedicated reading glasses would be better for long periods at a computer.

So, I'm wondering can I claim back any or part of the cost of the dedicated computer glasses?

You trying to bait me you little tinker?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      You trying to bait me you little tinker?
      one sec, just need to put my computer glasses on.

Actually, I'm not baiting you. After DuckDuckGo'ing (boycotting google) I couldn't find an answer that I liked.

Comment

Yes!!! Do it!!!
        HTH

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          one sec, just need to put my computer glasses on.
          Using glasses paid for by work for pissing about on forums. BIK!!! Don't do it!!!!

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Yes!!! Do it!!!
            HTH
            This kind of sarcasm is why you havent won the CUK personality award.

Anyway, I think I could argue that these glasses are purely for computer pc work. The other glasses are for driving/reading etc and paid for by me.

So the computer glasses are purely/solely for computer work.

Comment

https://jf-financial.co.uk/2015/03/1...mited-company/

Comment

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.c...ses.html%3famp

Comment

I read the same article, which leads me to think it's possible to claim them assuming they are purely for PC work.

Comment

So in this case, it's a question of evidence to show you would not use them elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                    X