• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV writing companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV writing companies

Hi, does anyone have first hand experiance of using companies to help "polish" up your CV - i have been struggling to get my CV through to interview for a number of jobs which, on paper, i believe my CV looks a direct fit and would of thought i would have at least got a a telephone interview from one of them.

from research and talking to people (agencies) they all mention ATS scanning software which scans your CV before even the agency see's it let alone the end client. from that and google, there are a number of companies offering 1-2-1 coaching/writing of your CV from someone specific to my industry.

has anyone done this/used these companies, any recomendadtions?

thanks

Tons of threads on this topic already. Have a look at the link below
    https://www.bing.com/search?q=profes...d=&adlt=strict

The real issue is whether you lick the chutney spoon before putting it back.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oxon1985 View Post
      Hi, does anyone have first hand experiance of using companies to help "polish" up your CV - i have been struggling to get my CV through to interview for a number of jobs which, on paper, i believe my CV looks a direct fit and would of thought i would have at least got a a telephone interview from one of them.

from research and talking to people (agencies) they all mention ATS scanning software which scans your CV before even the agency see's it let alone the end client. from that and google, there are a number of companies offering 1-2-1 coaching/writing of your CV from someone specific to my industry.

thanks

Did you speak to the agency before sending your CV in?
      Did you speak to them after sending it in?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

thanks
        I know alot of people dismiss getting your cv reviewed - but I think a £50-£100 investment is worth it if you are struggling to get to interview stage. You can take on board what you want from the feedback but gives a third party qualified opinion.
        I have never used the guys here but they do webinars on CUK. Some of the bigger agencies will use automated filtering I am sure.

https://www.contractoruk.com/cv/why_..._reviewed.html

Comment

I have been thinking about getting mine reviewed as well. If you do go for it, let us know how it goes.

I was also looking through the posts/links above and found this:

"Your CV probably shows each contract as a 'separate employment'. Re-write your CV showing your limited company as your employer and your contracts as external consultancy assignments (as if you were a 'Big 5' Consultant). This is legally correct and will present you in a more 'suitable' light. "
          Reference Here

Is this how you are meant to write out different contracts? I have always put them down as separate employments.

Comment

thanks
            Fill the white spaces with white key words on your CV so that ATS scanning picks it up. You can even copy and paste the whole advert and dump it as 9pt white text at the bottom of your cv.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

thanks
              What sector/industry are you in?

Comment

Originally posted by wparkar View Post
                I have been thinking about getting mine reviewed as well. If you do go for it, let us know how it goes.

I was also looking through the posts/links above and found this:

"Your CV probably shows each contract as a 'separate employment'. Re-write your CV showing your limited company as your employer and your contracts as external consultancy assignments (as if you were a 'Big 5' Consultant). This is legally correct and will present you in a more 'suitable' light. "
                Reference Here

Is this how you are meant to write out different contracts? I have always put them down as separate employments.
                Are you getting interviews and contracts?

If so don't worry.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Are you getting interviews and contracts?

If so don't worry.
                  I am getting contracts and interviews. I am just wondering about the 'legally correct' comment and if this is industry standard?

Comment

forget the rest

go with the best

https://www.ipse.co.uk/accountant/cvia-ltd.html

have used as a customer - Interview rate went into stratosphere

Comment

Working...
                    X