• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Change in Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change in Contract

Afternoon all
    I put a post up previously about my current contract only realistically needing me for 3 days a week and what are good sources to find part time work.
    So far I have yet to find anything but what has happened is the consultancy I am contracting with are aware that the client (Client A) they have placed me at only need me for 3 days a week and so are asking me to do some work for some of their other clients in the meantime.
    My current contract with the consultancy states that I am contracted to work at Client A only.
    I dont mind working on another clients projects but being conscious of IR35/SDC etc what would be the best way to reflect this in the paperwork:

A) A separate contract for each client they want me to do work for.
    B) Update the current contract to say work is being done for Client A, B, C etc

Hope that makes sense.
    Thanks

'A' ideally but an over arching contract with separate deliverables wouldn't be a bad thing if written properly. I'm hesitant to say B as I don't know how your current contract and deliverables is structured.

I'd speak to QDOS or the like to get their view and to see if they can provide you with the best structure and possibly templates.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 8 March 2018, 13:42.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Same contract but a separate schedule is the easy option: for example the existing one for the three days at Client A, and a second one something along the lines of two days a week for Clients B and C as necessary . Just be sure that you don't get a contract structure that says your client can send you where they like when they like.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        Same contract but a separate schedule is the easy option: for example the existing one for the three days at Client A, and a second one something along the lines of two days a week for Clients B and C as necessary . Just be sure that you don't get a contract structure that says your client can send you where they like when they like.
        Agree with this. Be careful you can't be deemed managed services at the beck and call of Client A

Comment

Working...
        X