• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WE all want IR35 benefits (surely KUATB?)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WE all want IR35 benefits (surely KUATB?)

Most IT contractors want employment benefits if clobbered with IR35

We must've done this already but I didn't obviously see it in General? Who here is in IR35 currently?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

PC is. I was up to 5 months ago.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Surely you just quit and go permie? Why would you put up with it without employment benefits?

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
        Surely you just quit and go permie? Why would you put up with it without employment benefits?
        Negotiate a rate to compensate for it, find a role outside elsewhere.

Even if you cant do that it's almost worth it just to avoid the permie management and HR bulltulip.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

No problem, just go through a payroll umbrella or get your accountant to sort it out or perhaps talk to the MD of your Ltd company to arrange for paid holiday and benefits.

At the end of the day you will be paying for your own holidays, one way or the other.

A bit of non-story really.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            WE all want IR35 benefits
            What are they?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Negotiate a rate to compensate for it, find a role outside elsewhere.

Even if you cant do that it's almost worth it just to avoid the permie management and HR bulltulip.
              This. All day long.

Two quotes from the article:
              The Treasury has estimated the tax man will claw back £185m for the year 2017/18 as a result of the changes.
              Followed by:
              Last year The Register revealed that many Whitehall departments advised self-employed techies to increase their fees by 20 per cent.

That was in response to the serious dearth of tech skills within government – particularly with the challenge of Brexit looming. The National Audit Office has said Whitehall may need to spend £244m on contractors if it is to meet the serious shortfall in skills.
              Anyone else spot the cretinous stupidity in all of this?
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                Cos you probably still get paid more? Cos you don't have to do performance reviews? Cos getting rid of an employee is hard work so they still want flexible resources?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Hard to understand why governments are so ignorant and dim witted at times. IR35 is just one of many examples.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Hard to understand why governments are so ignorant and dim witted at times. IR35 is just one of many examples.
                    An agent was telling me earlier this week that some government dept. was looking for 40 big-data engineers, outside London, permie and paying peanuts. Urgently.

I think we both just rolled our eyes.

Comment

Working...
                    X