• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where our tax goes :(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where our tax goes :(

here

Yet less than one pound in every five spent on benefits places any responsibility on claimants to find work. Around £64 billion per year — more than 10 per cent of all public spending — is handed out free of obligations.
    Any "guilt" I had about no paying feck all in the way of tax has gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
      Any "guilt" I had about no paying feck all in the way of tax has gone.

Well, indeed, what I don't understand is how they can blow £64bil FFS, it's less than the GDP of some small countries. I didn't think doleys got paid that much.

Comment

Overall, 5.4 million people of working age – 14 per cent of the population – do not work and live on state aid.

Strange figures, what are they assuming the population to be?

If they want to really make a point perhaps it's better to say 20-25% of those of working age do not work. Assuming 20-25 million are not over 65 or under 16.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by TheTelegraph
          New figures in the report show that the British system is working to prevent social mobility by trapping people on benefits because they lose so much if they go into work.
          I wonder which political party benefits if people can't better themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom
            I wonder which political party benefits if people can't better themselves.
            I don't buy that arguement, the largest expanse of the benefit culture in this country was under the last governement. They realised you could massage unemployment figures by parking people on benefits or ETs. Of course it's got bigger since, but I doubt it gets any party more votes. FOr that to happen you'd have to assume that people parked on benefits are politically aware, IMHO/experience they are the least likely to vote.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Dont worry all UK social spending will be abolsihed nexy year - where else shall we get the 60 billion super nuke WMD Lockheed Martin project funding ?

Ah - sorry of course - more taxes.

Death and Taxes - the two certainties of Blair.
              Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 6 December 2006, 14:03.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
                Dont worry all UK social spening will be abolsihed nexy year - where else shall we get the 60 billion super nuke WMD Lockheed Martin project funding ?

At least that has a purpose.

Comment

We dont want to use the supernukes but by Jingo if we have to I want to be directly under the bomb when it goes off...

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
                    What's the problem? Millions of young estearn europeans are coming over to pay for them.
                    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
                    X