• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving to Brussels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving to Brussels

Been a busy few months. Sold main house (a very nice Indian gentleman paid 1.4 million for it), now renting round the corner.
    Been offered a permie job in Brussels with all the benefits and a nice relocation package so will take that while I figure out how the Belgies work with contracting.
    Missus working out her notice and we move next month.
    Looking forward to a new adventure - probably the last one before retirement in Portugal, yay
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Been a busy few months. Sold main house (a very nice Indian gentleman paid 1.4 million for it), now renting round the corner.
    Been offered a permie job in Brussels with all the benefits and a nice relocation package so will take that while I figure out how the Belgies work with contracting.
    Missus working out her notice and we move next month.
    Looking forward to a new adventure - probably the last one before retirement in Portugal, yay
    Can't you afford to retire - you will wish to as soon as you see Belgium tax rates....

Comment

https://content-static.eurostar.com/..._timetable.pdf

Don't let us hold you up.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        and don't let the door slap your arse on the way out

Comment

Grew up in Brussels. Quality of life is great.

Only place you wand to live is Ixelles. 1.4M is going to buy you **** all there.

HTH.

Comment

I think you will find that the "Belgies" will want their relocation package back if you decide to jump ship and go contracting.

Honestly Walter, is this the best fable you can concoct?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Which bit? I lived in Mechlen (sp?) for a couple of years, very nice. Find out when the local market is on as the food is first rate.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                Which bit? I lived in Mechlen (sp?) for a couple of years, very nice. Find out when the local market is on as the food is first rate.
                Dunno yet - popping over next week to liaise with HR who've promised to give me a couple of options.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                  Grew up in Brussels. Quality of life is great.

Only place you wand to live is Ixelles. 1.4M is going to buy you **** all there.

HTH.
                  Going to rent for now.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Dunno yet - popping over next week to liaise with HR who've promised to give me a couple of options.
                    So HR are telling you where you will live? Oh how the not-so mighty have fallen...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X