• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I hate technology

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate technology

My mobile gave up the ghost two months ago and I haven't got around to sorting out a new one.

It's great. I'm no longer contactable while at the pub, on the train etc.

Even better, my watch has stopped working so I can blissfully wander around with no one hassling me and with no concept of being late.

If anyone gives me a new watch/phone for Xmas I will be mightily pissed off.

What technological advances would you be happier without?

Computers - if it wasn't for being carried away by foolish youthful enthusiasm I would be a proper professional in law, medicine, accountancy. The tulipty choices you make at 18!
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
      Computers - if it wasn't for being carried away by foolish youthful enthusiasm I would be a proper professional in law, medicine, accountancy. The tulipty choices you make at 18!
      Surely there were no computers in the 1950s sas

Comment

I'm all for computers, but I'd rather that they had stopped developing them post 1990. I have some very good pre 1990 IT skills.

Comment

You could always join the Police, you've got the wit and intelligence for it.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
            Surely there were no computers in the 1950s sas
            80s, you cheeky minx
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
              You could always join the Police, you've got the wit and intelligence for it.
              'Ello, 'Ello what have we got here then? Oh it's only Bag o'Pus the neighbourhood pikey.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                And there was no twat about at the time telling you that GOTOs were baaaad...
                What? I have made a tidy living out of GOTOs. I also like to re-use variables as often as possible (to save on memory waste). I normally use the variable "Luddite" at least three times in any one routine.

Comment

'Ello, 'Ello what have we got here then? Oh it's only Bag o'Pus the neighbourhood pikey.
                  Pikey was not a word I was familiar with until I saw it on this board. I guess when you're exposed to them on a regular basis in your local pubs using it becomes second nature.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

80s, you cheeky minx

You were 18 in the 1980s ?

You are confused, surely.

Comment

Working...
                    X