• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC Vetting Interview Letter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone,

I am in need of some good advice regarding a SC vetting letter interview that has come through the post today.
    The story is as follows. I was offered a contract role that required SC clearance and agreed to go through the vetting process. So in December 2017 I completed all the online forms and the additional Financial questionnaire form and was 100% honest with all my answers. In the meantime I was given a start date for my new contract role as the BPSS was successful a few weeks ago. The sponsor was happy for me to start on a BPSS until the SC had been resolved and mentioned there was a big backlog of applications from the UKSC. In the mean time I handed in my notice at my permanent job two-weeks ago and now this interview letter has turned up. I am worrying now if this was to go up in flames. I would be left potentially with no job at all :-(

The letter also mentions about producing various documents.

Any advice appreciated.

What advice are you hoping for? There’s not a lot to say other than good luck.

Do as they ask and you’ll probably be just fine..... That is unless you’re not telling us something vital. Why are you worried?

The only advice really is just be honest. Assume they know the answer to any question already (they may well do).
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      What advice are you hoping for? There’s not a lot to say other than good luck.

Do as they ask and you’ll probably be just fine..... That is unless you’re not telling us something vital. Why are you worried?

The only advice really is just be honest. Assume they know the answer to any question already (they may well do).

Thanks for replying.

I have nothing to hide as I have told them everything on the forms. Just wondering why they feel the need to interview me. I only thought you were interviewed if it was DV level or higher.

Comment

And presume they know your twitter feed as it's same name as your forum name here and they have read twitter and your post here to

Comment

You were honest. You have been randomly selected, or not so randomly, for an SC interview. Carry on being honest.

From what you have said you are way above the 99% who post here because the have bulltulipted on their SC and "need advice".

Enjoy your new contract.

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
            And presume they know your twitter feed as it's same name as your forum name here and they have read twitter and your post here to
            I presume you are talking about about Gazza the footballer

Comment

You’ll be fine. Just be honest. Surely if they thought you were a risk they would have just not granted your clearance.

Comment

Attend the interview, supply the documents, whats the problem??

Comment

Thanks for the comment everyone. I am probably just worrying over nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Gazza99 View Post
                    Thanks for replying.
                    I have nothing to hide as I have told them everything on the forms. Just wondering why they feel the need to interview me. I only thought you were interviewed if it was DV level or higher.
                    I think the only people that would be worried at this stage of the
                    game are those, that spent time abroad ( say living with their parents in Marbella, etc ) and not declared it on the forms.
                    As it's the old, not been continuously resident in the UK for the last 5 years cop out, although no doubt, there must be ways of side stepping such harmless indiscretions, like holidaying too long with your parents on the Costa's.
                    Also those who's parents or grandparents were, not who you thought
                    they were, and were supplied with birth certificates of british children who died young by the KGB and consequently built up a legend in the UK, waiting for the day when they could become agents of influence.

Before you say anything, Yes I did watch - The Americans !!
                    Last edited by Tightfit; 27 March 2018, 14:26.

Comment

Working...
                    X