• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What ifISAs are you investing in this year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ifISAs are you investing in this year?

I'm not really happy putting all our ISA contributions (me and the missus) in S&S, but cash ISAs are still a waste of time.
    I've put some money in a Zopa ifISA as I spent a year exploring the platform with a couple of grand but there seem to be a range of products these days and I'm not sure Zopa is the best.

I view ifISA as a fairly high-risk angle but I like having diversity of holdings and risk... what such products are you lot already investing in as the 17/18 year is coming to an end? Are they all lending products or are there other categories too?

And no I am not looking for BitCoin

https://www.money.co.uk/savings-acco...-peer-isas.htm

Lists up to 10% targeted return which is double Zopa, but I don't have any idea how realistic these targets are. Happy to try £10k in something risky but not more.
    Last edited by d000hg; 21 March 2018, 12:11.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

I've stuck a few K in https://www.uown.co/

Not a tax efficient vehicle, but return does what it says so far - I've only been investing a couple of months.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      I've stuck a few K in https://w ww.uown.co/

Not a tax efficient vehicle, but return does what it says so far - I've only been investing a couple of months.
      I couldn't see any obvious information what the projected/target return IS. And was put off by garbage like this
      Normal humans aren’t supposed to understand investments. We’re meant to feel afraid and leave everything to the self-proclaimed experts. With their secret codewords, like ‘dividend yields’ and ‘CGT’.
      And if city fat cats keep having it all their own way, they’ll keep our grubby little mitts off the spoils forever.
      Plus: Why millennials love property crowdfunding

There was a property one in my link above, it turns out - projects 10%!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I couldn't see any obvious information what the projected/target return IS. And was put off by garbage like this

Plus: Why millennials love property crowdfunding

There was a property one in my link above, it turns out - projects 10%!
        Click the 'properties' link - bypasses the guff!

https:/ /app.uown.co/properties

Basically 6.4 / 7 % return via rent, plus / minus any increase / decrease in property value

IANAFA / DYOR

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          And no I am not looking for BitCoin
          Just out of curiosity, why no?

Here's a deal. You give me £10k and I'll guarantee to give you back double by July 2018. I'll write you affidavit if you like. The only catch, whatever gain above £20k, I keep. Either way I'll return £20k to you.

Offer is good until Friday, 23rd, 2018.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

BC isn't available in ifISA and there's a very real risk it could crash 90%. I suppose I could put a couple of grand in that I really don't mind losing, on the off-chance it increases 100-fold. If I'd done so last year it would've been OK.

Comment

ifISA ???
              Value cost averaging monthly into VWRL and VHYL ETF's

Comment

Working...
              X