• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any Redress Here - Didn't Bill For a Day I worked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Redress Here - Didn't Bill For a Day I worked

My bad basically - I left my timesheets too late and had to do 4 at once. Consequently I put that I worked 4 days one week when in fact I worked 5 and this was signed off. I subsequently invoiced for 4 days and have since left the client.

I assume it's a lost cause?

Can we move to General please.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

In general, it depends on how long ago this allegedly happened and what evidence you have to prove that you did more work.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        In general, it depends on how long ago this allegedly happened and what evidence you have to prove that you did more work.
        Hmmm... the train tickets to the client site I guess?

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
          Hmmm... the train tickets to the client site I guess?
          Unless the client is a railway station, the train ticket just shows what station you were going to.
          Having a train ticket to Cardiff Central could mean you were going to the Principality Stadium for a rugby match or to earn some money at the Travelodge Cardiff Central. Both places need replacement hookers.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

On one contract I released I missed a weeks invoicing and I'd left the client about 10 months previously , I was on good terms with hiring manager and dropped him an email saying I'd noticed I have missed a weeks invoicing and he said no problem send in invoice/timesheet and he'd approve it. All went through fine.

I guess its just how good a relationship you had with the client/hiring manager is/was. Also it might it might also depend on if client has gone through a year end/budgeting etc have all been signed off/agree as to whether that might cause them any headaches.

you can only ask and see what they say

Comment

Send an amended timesheet politely requesting signature with evidence. Keep it friendly.

Comment

Put yourself in the position of the sock factory, one of whose peddlers of socks claims, six months hence, that they were actually onsite peddling socks on an occasion that both parties had previously agreed they were not. Said peddler of socks shows a lunchtime receipt from the Burger King next door as evidence that they were indeed peddling socks in the viscinity at around that time. In short, yes, you are a lost cause.

Comment

Since your outfit makes this look good

Yes, you should redress. What were you thinking?
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post

I assume I'm a lost cause?
                    Yes, yes you are.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X