• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCG Expense Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCG Expense Insurance

If I got the expenses insurance from the PCG now, would it cover me if I got looked into if I used a Managed Service Company ? I was told the policy covers you from the point you recieve notification from the IR regarding an investigation, but I've looked at other policies and they have the following clause about knowing about it before you took the insurance, see link and under 'exclusions'.

http://www.temple-legal.co.uk/produc...ge04%20IGI.pdf

When I spoke to the PCG man he said it would cover me even though I thought I may get looked into due to the Managed Service stuff, Im not sure, can anyone in the PCG look at the terms of there insurance and let me know

Originally posted by MobileCheese
    If I got the expenses insurance from the PCG now, would it cover me if I got looked into if I used a Managed Service Company ? I was told the policy covers you from the point you recieve notification from the IR regarding an investigation, but I've looked at other policies and they have the following clause about knowing about it before you took the insurance, see link and under 'exclusions'.

http://www.temple-legal.co.uk/produc...ge04%20IGI.pdf

When I spoke to the PCG man he said it would cover me even though I thought I may get looked into due to the Managed Service stuff, Im not sure, can anyone in the PCG look at the terms of there insurance and let me know
    Hmm, that's a tricky one. The PGC have a blanket insurance policy which covers the cost of an IR35 investigation. When I joined I was required to certify that I wasn't going through - or I didn't know I was about to go through - an investigation at that time.

1. I don't know that the PGC Insurance will cover a MSC investigation.
    2. If you join now then I think the likelyhood of getting an MSC investigation is now too big a risk to insure.

Comment

Working...
    X