• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Timeslip

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timeslip

Wierd. I've just had one of those timeslip moments. You know the type, you walk around the corner of the building and the next moment you're in 1940's Britain during the blitz, you run into a pub, meet a girl, settle down etc. Very odd.

Anyway, I had a meeting and got asked to knock something up quickly in Excel instead of putting in a proper solution. Whoa. It was exactly like 8 years ago when I started contracting.

Wierd.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan
    Wierd. I've just had one of those timeslip moments. You know the type, you walk around the corner of the building and the next moment you're in 1940's Britain during the blitz, you run into a pub, meet a girl, settle down etc. Very odd.
    I was in that pub the other day: The Royal Oak. Nice place, good staff, shame about the other customers; total idiots. Sometimes it can be a bit too gay friendly.
    Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Anyway, I had a meeting and got asked to knock something up quickly in Excel instead of putting in a proper solution. Whoa. It was exactly like 8 years ago when I started contracting. I wasn't happy, so I punched the PM
      Now I'm clearing out my desk for the umpteenth time this year. Another month another contract!

Wierd.
      Not again!
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Have unquit my contract and been offered an extension for the new year instead. They thought I was doing a great job, I thought I was doing a sh1te job. But then again if you have expectations like mine then a really sh1te job would be called a bagpuss.

Ho hum. Can't even give 'em away.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Have unquit my contract and been offered an extension for the new year instead. They thought I was doing a great job, I thought I was doing a sh1te job. But then again if you have expectations like mine then a really sh1te job would be called a bagpuss.

Ho hum. Can't even give 'em away.
          You know it makes sense, I've been in that desolate place that is new year with no contract, it took me till february to get another.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

i'm finishing Jan 5th... no sniff of an extension yet

May bring it up at the XMas do after buying the whole team shots...

Buffoon - is that the royal oak on clapham high street?
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Originally posted by kramer
              Buffoon - is that the royal oak on clapham high street?
              Columbia Road, Bethnal Green (or Shoreditch if you are a trendy nuLiebore twat). http://www.royaloaklondon.com/Main.aspx?PageID=349
              Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
                Columbia Road, Bethnal Green (or Shoreditch if you are a trendy nuLiebore twat). http://www.royaloaklondon.com/Main.aspx?PageID=349
                I'm very sorry you can't afford Shoreditch...
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                X