• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AML Isle Of Man

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AML Isle Of Man

Please beware of this company offering to reduce your tax liabilities.
    I was suckered into joining them in 2013 whilst working in Poland on what I thought was a shorter term contract,
    They assured me that they were fully tax complient and that they had actually successfully represented Rangers F.C. in court against HMRC
    Last year I received a letter from HMRC stating that AML were being investigated as a tax avoidance scheme and I was as a partner responsible for any outstanding tax and NHI contributions underpaid
    Since then I have called and mailed AML on at least a hundred times and so far have dealt with 19 of there tax advisors
    There CEO Mr Barrowman a self made billionaire stated in the National news that he stopped using the scheme when it became illegal in 2011?
    I have just settled direct with HMRC for years 2013 /14 and 2014/15 who agreed not to add the 18% gross charges and litigation costs which has now wiped me out as £81500 left me little left for my retirement
    AML are still adamant they are within the rules but so are HMRC and my gut feeling is there are going to be a lot of AML ex partners as with me paying out some if not all of there life savings

Sorry to hear your troubles - there's at least one more thread on this https://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc...martpay-2.html

Comment

same issue with AML

Hi,
      i am facing the same problem of you, in particular I didnt find yet a trusted tax advisors who can help me.
      Also, I am not able to quantify the amount involved. Is there a percentage or calculation that I can use to understand more or less the amount?
      Thanks for your help.
      A.

Comment

Working...
      X