• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Northen Trains - Lancaster -> Leeds - 1st Class?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northen Trains - Lancaster -> Leeds - 1st Class?

I'm looking to make this journey as the second leg of a trip. Anyone know if it's worthwhile getting 1st class on this line?

Sometimes you upgrade and end up on a leg where first class is nothing more than a free cup of tea.

Cheers

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I'm looking to make this journey as the second leg of a trip. Anyone know if it's worthwhile getting 1st class on this line?

Sometimes you upgrade and end up on a leg where first class is nothing more than a free cup of tea.

Cheers
    Take your own tea. Free upgrade.

Comment

Cool, cheers, think i'll just go 2nd class the full way.

Comment

There is no first class on Northern. You'd have to change in Manchester to pick up a transpennine express to have first class. BTW, on northern, there is no second class either - it's all Auschwitz class.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          There is no first class on Northern. You'd have to change in Manchester to pick up a transpennine express to have first class. BTW, on northern, there is no second class either - it's all Auschwitz class.

Comment

Can't believe you'd even contemplate going third class in that part of the world

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              There is no first class on Northern. You'd have to change in Manchester to pick up a transpennine express to have first class.
              On TPE, First Class just means you stand up in a carriage with a '1' on the door rather than a '2'.

On Northern, the Pacer is literally the unpolishable turd. You can't even sprinkle it with glitter. But they do mean that when a Sprinter turns up instead, that feels like first class in comparison.
              Taking a break from contracting

Comment

WTF!

Comment

I'm going to ask the guard if I can upgrade to the part that doesn't stink of pish.

Comment

Last time I took a TPE, all the other passengers knew to hit the floor going through East Manchester, to avoid incoming air rifle fire.

Comment

Working...
                    X