• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone actually claimed for PPI yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone actually claimed for PPI yet?

I don't think I was ever dumb enough to agree to it, but you don't know maybe back in the day one my first loan I did.
    I know I once took out the banking insurance/benefits that turned out to be useless so I may try and claim some back.

Anyone had any luck?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Do you want to buy CBI (ContractorUK Ban Insurance)?

I've got a great deal on it, but only if you decide by midnight tonight

Comment

5 years ago if you asked me if I had PPI I would have laughed and said NEVER, but I found some old statements in the garage from 1995+ that had ppi on them, now I’ve had over £50K in payouts and still waiting on a Burton’s store card from 1991

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        I don't think I was ever dumb enough to agree to it, but you don't know maybe back in the day one my first loan I did.
        I know I once took out the banking insurance/benefits that turned out to be useless so I may try and claim some back.

Anyone had any luck?
        £2,500 fron an £800 loan I had with Lloyds 30 years ago. Didn't even have the paperwork fort it, just filled in the generic claims form and sent it off.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          £2,500 fron an £800 loan I had with Lloyds 30 years ago. Didn't even have the paperwork fort it, just filled in the generic claims form and sent it off.
          Really? Where are these generic claims forms?

Had a few car loans when I was younger but nothing in last 15 years, so haven't bothered seeing if I could find any of that old paperwork in a box somewhere in the loft. If I just need to remember which finance company they were with then I may chance my luck.

May have a dig through the old paperwork if it's that easy to send off a claim. Got until 29th August 2019 to get a claim in.

Have kept away from all those PPI claim company shysters advertised on TV that take a 30% (or something ridiculously high) cut for filling in said bits of paperwork.

Is it tax free?
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Really? Now I'm interested.

I *think* I had PPI imposed on me when I took out my first mortgage ( with L&G ) ... the Financial Advisor said something like:

"You have to buy this insurance, it doesn't cover you, it covers the lender" .... I only kept the mortgage for 2 - 3 years, nearly 20 years ago and don't have any of the paperwork at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              Really? Where are these generic claims forms?

Had a few car loans when I was younger but nothing in last 15 years, so haven't bothered seeing if I could find any of that old paperwork in a box somewhere in the loft. If I just need to remember which finance company they were with then I may chance my luck.

May have a dig through the old paperwork if it's that easy to send off a claim. Got until 29th August 2019 to get a claim in.

Have kept away from all those PPI claim company shysters advertised on TV that take a 30% (or something ridiculously high) cut for filling in said bits of paperwork.

Is it tax free?
              Here for Lloyds : https://secure.lloydsbank.com/retail...ssion-form.asp
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I never had PPI, but Lloyds still gave me £731 for the inconvenience of having to check
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

A couple of years ago I got £2k from a Barclaycard I had in the late 1990s to mid 2000s. I had no idea I had PPI on it, I'd have cancelled it in a second if I'd known. Most of the money was interest on the PPI paid.

I did it myself by simply asking all those who'd offered me credit as far as I could remember if I'd had PPI. They did all the hard word and it cost me nothing beyond a few stamps.

Comment

I was never going to bother but was listening to 5Live phone in and the people selling the loans/credit cards were ticking "yes" boxes for the PPI even if you said no, as they were threatened with the sack if they didn't.

I was lucky I had 10 years' statements so I had most accounts numbers. It took about 3/4 years in all, but got 2k back, but am sure Barclays still owe me another 600 but used some flimsy excuse not to pay it.

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                    X