• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh dear: Majority of voters back tax rises to bolster NHS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh dear: Majority of voters back tax rises to bolster NHS

Voters are ready by nearly two to one to pay more tax to bolster the NHS. A large face-to-face survey carried out before the winter crisis struck the health service in November has recorded the biggest-ever shift of opinion on the issue.

The poll, carried out by the respected British Social Attitudes research centre, has recorded a jump from 41% support for higher taxes in 2014 to 61% at the end of last year. An even higher proportion, nearly nine in 10 people, thought there was a funding crisis.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...funding-survey

Looks like we'll soon have new Nhs Insurance Contributions - paid by both employee and employer...

Privatise the lot of it and I'll happily pay for all the care i need after tax.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Voters are ready by nearly two to one to pay more tax to bolster the NHS. A large face-to-face survey carried out before the winter crisis struck the health service in November has recorded the biggest-ever shift of opinion on the issue.

The poll, carried out by the respected British Social Attitudes research centre, has recorded a jump from 41% support for higher taxes in 2014 to 61% at the end of last year. An even higher proportion, nearly nine in 10 people, thought there was a funding crisis.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...funding-survey

Looks like we'll soon have new Nhs Insurance Contributions - paid by both employee and employer...
      Have they factored in the extra 350 million per week?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        This x100

Have had 2 NHS gigs and wife works in pharma.
        There are some superb people and things in the NHS but largely they are wasting our money, corruption is endemic and the standard of care poor for the money.
        Back at the coal face

Comment

Originally posted by al_cam View Post
          This x100

Have had 2 NHS gigs and wife works in pharma.
          There are some superb people and things in the NHS but largely they are wasting our money, corruption is endemic and the standard of care poor for the money.
          Name a country that provides better care for the money?
          And evidence it.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Our cancer survival rates suck the big one.

Most of developed Europe beats us on it and we spend lots more than the Mediterranean countries on health.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
              Name a country that provides better care for the money? And evidence it.
              Germany, France, Canada.

Comment

Our cancer survival rates suck the big one.

Most of developed Europe beats us on it and we spend lots more than the Mediterranean countries on health.
                Don't most of them eat better though?

At the weekend one of my relations, who is a senior bod in the NHS, was moaning about the tulip patients eat and the fact they don't know they need to exercise their bodies regularly. Her moans back up studies that show we eat the most processed crap as a nation in Europe.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Make patients fight for food then - this eay they get exercise, good food and beds get freed quicker

HTH

MF

Comment

You are a selfish individual whom our country does not particularly need.

The best judgement is the way a person empathises and treats other people. You're bottom of the pile. Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                    X