• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blessed!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blessed!!

I am in illustrous company

Disciples of Jesus and how they died

Peter - crucified
    Andrew - crucified
    Matthew - killed by the sword
    James, son of Alphaeus- crucifed
    Philip - crucified
    Simon - crucified
    Thaddaeus - killed by arrows
    James, brother of Jesus - stoned
    Thomas - spear thrust
    Bartholomew - crucified
    James, son of Zebedee - the sword

Not forgetting Apostle Paul, Stephen the first matyr the Old Testament prophets who killed, what is a little abuse on this board? It just goes to show that the message of the Gospel is foolishness to those who are perishing.

2 Corinthians 4: 8-9

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

You're right. A little abuse on this board is nothing. Why not put yourself to the sword and REALLY join your heroes in paradise?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Chico

Peter - crucified
      Andrew - crucified
      Philip - crucified
      Simon - crucified
      Thomas - spear thrust
      Bartholomew - crucified

Not forgetting Apostle Paul, Stephen the first matyr the Old Testament prophets who killed, what is a little abuse on this board? It just goes to show that the message of the Gospel is foolishness to those who are perishing.

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.
      Why? You haven't been crucified, spear thrusted, killed by the sword or stoned to death, except in a metaphorical way, but then it doesn't count as it doesn't involve any physical pain and, unfortunately, it doesn't get rid of you once and for all
      Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

"James, son of Zebedee - the sword"

And here was me thinking he was that little moustached bloke on a spring..

Comment

Chico - Blown up on a bus in the name of Alah

Hasn't quite got the same ring to it...
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

So much bulltulip, so little time

Peter - crucified
            Andrew - crucified
            Philip - crucified
            Simon - crucified
            Thomas - spear thrust
            Bartholomew - crucified

1. Made-up people from fictional stories don't count.
            2. Even if they were real (yeah, right) to put yourself in the company of those people shows an overweening arrogance that even I would blush at.
            3. Feck off and die, you cretin.
            4. err, that's it.
            Why not?

Comment

Sorry to disappoint you but I think you belong more to this group, if you really need the feel to belong to something.

http://darwinawards.com/darwin/
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

What was Jesus stoned on?
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

"James, brother of Jesus - stoned"

How did that geneology bit work out again - was it his big brother or wee brother? Surely jesus's momma did not do the dirty?

Comment

Originally posted by Rantor
                    "James, brother of Jesus - stoned"

How did that geneology bit work out again - was it his big brother or wee brother? Surely jesus's momma did not do the dirty?
                    Are you Catholic? Catholic tradition says Mary remained a virgin all her life. The Bible says Mary went on to have other children, both girls and boys.
                    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Working...
                    X