• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Toronto van attack

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toronto van attack

What we know about Alek Minassian, alleged driver in deadly Toronto van attack | CBC News

Non-Muslim name. Totally unknown to the police, so no form at all. Could this be the first van attack not associated with Islam (i.e. not carried out by Islamists nor targetting Muslims).

Kudos to the police officer who stared him down.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    What we know about Alek Minassian, alleged driver in deadly Toronto van attack | CBC News

Non-Muslim name. Totally unknown to the police, so no form at all. Could this be the first van attack not associated with Islam (i.e. not carried out by Islamists nor targetting Muslims).

Kudos to the police officer who stared him down.
    Piss poor attempt to play your Grunaid not a terrorist card, oh look everyone I’m so PC. Nauseating.

You should ban yourself.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Oh stop virtue signalling your anti-mod neo-con right wing attitudes - you've no friends here anyway, so what's the point?

In the West, mass murder is either carried out by Islamists or by non-Islamic Westerners. No-one else has a gripe (hence no Hindu or Buddhist terrorist outrages - for those you have to look to the East). Other Islamic terrorist attacks have involved guns and bombs - but that's certainly not exclusive to them, so why should van murder be. This particular individual, while he could be a convert to Islam, doesn't fit the profile of other Islamic murdering bastards - not known to police, doesn't have a Muslim name (it's Armenian), wasn't armed, didn't make a particular concerted attempt to get himself killed and thereby granted access to heaven and 70 virgins etc.

Sooner or later a non-Muslim was going to use a van to commit mass murder. I wonder if this is it?

Comment

Here comes the whataboutary.

Comment

Wasn't a van used by a non Muslim guy at the Finsbury Park Mosque?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

My money is on the Russians. May and Trump said so.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Oh look another male. I wonder if the alt right will be super quick to condemn male culture.

Or maybe it is just a lone wolf.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                Oh look another male. I wonder if the alt right will be super quick to condemn male culture.

Or maybe it is just a lone wolf.
                Might need that one broken down and explained - with references and preferably a peer reviewed scientific journal please. Last time I checked the right are all about celebrating traditional masculinity.

It's the lefties that go after 'toxic masculinity'
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                  Here comes the whataboutary.

What about what?

Yes, NLYUK, there was that attack on Finsbury mosque, but it was Islam related. I just wonder if this is the first non Islam related incident.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    What about what?

Yes, NLYUK, there was that attack on Finsbury mosque, but it was Islam related. I just wonder if this is the first non Islam related incident.
                    So you can use this to justify your position?

In the last 5 years at least 6 people have been shot by dogs, whilst statistics for cats & goldfish are much lower. I wonder how many were and were not Muslims.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X