• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Approach from another Accountants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Approach from another Accountants

I ahev a Ltd Comapny and have been with the same accountants for over 4 years now, and am very happy with them.

Today however, I received a letter from a firm called accountants 4 contractors. They wrote to me, advising of their services etc....

I quick look at companies house website shows that they have been around for as long as Feb of this year

I epmailed them asking where they got my company details from (which source) and how they new I was a contractor...no reply as of yet

has anyone else received this? Or is this professional practice to do this?

Their website is accountants4contractors.com

Never trust a spammer with money...
    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by YNWA
      I ahev a Ltd Comapny and have been with the same accountants for over 4 years now, and am very happy with them.

Today however, I received a letter from a firm called accountants 4 contractors. They wrote to me, advising of their services etc....

I quick look at companies house website shows that they have been around for as long as Feb of this year

I epmailed them asking where they got my company details from (which source) and how they new I was a contractor...no reply as of yet

has anyone else received this? Or is this professional practice to do this?

Their website is accountants4contractors.com
      They would have got your details from Companies House. Freely available, so they've done nothing wrong really.
      P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

maybe, but it would take ages to trawl companies house looking for exact matches?

Comment

maybe, but it would take ages to trawl companies house looking for exact matches?
          they probably sent letters to a couple of thousand other companies too. I can't imagine its too hard to figure out the contractors from business type, number of employees and lack of posted accounts
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Last time I checked, Im sure there was no search facility on companies hosue website to group companies or trades?

Comment

Last time I checked, Im sure there was no search facility on companies hosue website to group companies or trades?
              There is a disk you can buy - quite cheap - which enables you to drill down on different industry codes.
              P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Ignore them if you're happy with your accountant. If you're not do your own research and include them in your list of possibles.

But don't respond to a spam email.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

They possibly got your details from a cv you sent in reply to a job posting.

This is a common scam... read the thread ASMG/Skills Alliance

Comment

Dude carm down the the pimp bashing....

Looks like you have one mission with a name like skillz ..... one post will do we will read it.

Comment

Working...
                    X