• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Loan Charge Petition

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC Loan Charge Petition

Hi all, I’m pretty new to this and horrified by the future and genuinely fearful of what my life will be like after April 2019.
    I was advised by professionals on the planning and to this day, some are still promoting these types of solutions.
    It’s incredible that the promotors are not more responsible.
    In addition, HMRC is not acting fair. I can’t retrospectively change my mind and repay the loan, without it being stuck in a trust for ever. Nor can I say ‘I would have taken the money as a dividend, never PAYE, so why can’t I pay dividend tax’

I just don’t think this is going to be fair on so many people.

Has there ever been a petition on gov website to stop this?
    If not, is there a reason why?
    If there is, would people sign it?

Is there likely to be a challenge further down the line that may prevent this?

Originally posted by THISISWRONG View Post
    Hi all, I’m pretty new to this and horrified by the future and genuinely fearful of what my life will be like after April 2019.
    I was advised by professionals on the planning and to this day, some are still promoting these types of solutions.
    It’s incredible that the promotors are not more responsible.
    In addition, HMRC is not acting fair. I can’t retrospectively change my mind and repay the loan, without it being stuck in a trust for ever. Nor can I say ‘I would have taken the money as a dividend, never PAYE, so why can’t I pay dividend tax’

I just don’t think this is going to be fair on so many people.

Has there ever been a petition on gov website to stop this?
    If not, is there a reason why?
    If there is, would people sign it?

Is there likely to be a challenge further down the line that may prevent this?
    There is a Loan Charge Group formed from members of Big Group, who keen to promote the 2019LC and its huge implications. Members are on twitter and in contact with various media outlets.

https://www.hmrcloancharge.info/

https://twitter.com/LCAG_2019
    http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Are they active?
      Very little activity in Twitter and Facebook?

Comment

Originally posted by THISISWRONG View Post
        Are they active?
        Very little activity in Twitter and Facebook?
        Start following @dotasscandal and go from there.

Comment

Im amazed that with all the negatively, that there is not one leading group bring legal action against this.
          I can only see plenty of people try to assist with settling. There is no planning or negogiation that improves the situation.... or am I missing something?

Comment

class action

Agreed there needs to be a class action lawsuit where everyone can sign up, chip in for expenses and take group action against HMRC. Then maybe in future they will think twice before targeting hard working people who were mis-sold these payroll schemes and start targeting the scheme providers (who are still operating today) and multinationals instead. If HMRC can pass retrospective legislation changing its mind on past tax returns that it happily accepted then where do you draw the line??

Comment

Working...
            X