• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tact

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tact

Today I'm reviewing a document produced by one of the 'big4'.

What a load of b*llocks.

I'm able to provide a detailed assessment of what they are saying, and what is missing, or just completely wrong. However, I'm struggling with how to tactfully say it is a load of tulipe, as tact is not my strong point, I know you've probably not noticed.

Any clues ?

Yeah, I'll come and do it for £600/day...

HTH

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

factually detail what they are saying
      factually detail what is missing
      factually detail what is wrong

Describing it as tulipe is expressing your own view on the matter. Leave that bit out.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy

What a load of b*llocks.

I'm able to provide a detailed assessment of what they are saying, and what is missing, or just completely wrong. However, I'm struggling with how to tactfully say it is a load of tulipe, as tact is not my strong point, I know you've probably not noticed.

Any clues ?
        It's probably recycled from another job. In fact knowing which of the Big4 you're referring to, I'm almost certain of it. Probably produced by an FTV muppet who hadn't even seen the end client, did a few "find and replace's" and submitted. Just come back with a whole load of questions, they were probably hoping you wouldn't spot their ineptitude.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
          It's probably recycled from another job. In fact knowing which of the Big4 you're referring to, I'm almost certain of it. Probably produced by an FTV muppet who hadn't even seen the end client, did a few "find and replace's" and submitted. Just come back with a whole load of questions, they were probably hoping you wouldn't spot their ineptitude.

Cheers Mordy, yes, I am sure this is the case. I am just struggling with how pathetic it is. The muppet is charged at £2k a day, and leaves promptly at 5pm to pick-up the sprog.

I'm pretty much there in terms of the factual review, and I suppose my opinion can be it is 'inadequate' nicely...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
            It's probably recycled from another job.
            That's standard practice across all industries, why think of something new when something that will pass as acceptable already exists
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Quit moaning and get on with it.

HTH

Oh, sorry this was a thread about tact
              Last edited by sasguru; 8 December 2006, 14:50.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

What a load of b*llocks.

Any clues ?
                Hint: Copy and paste some phases into Google. See if there are match. I’ve found that most crapus docus are plagiarised snippets off the net.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
                  Hint: Copy and paste some phases into Google. See if there are match. I’ve found that most crapus docus are plagiarised snippets off the net.

Thanks Paddy, what a good (and scary) idea.

HTF do I tell PM is this is the case

Comment

Thanks Paddy, what a good (and scary) idea.

HTF do I tell PM is this is the case
                    How about "Do you realise that x% of this document can be found on the internet using Google?"

Oh FFS!

Comment

Working...
                    X