• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alfie Evans....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alfie Evans....

I've not been in the exact same situation as his parents, but I have seen my 6 week old son in a hospital NICU and listening to various doctors and not hearing a single word they say.

It's a heartbreaking situation, there is no right answer, but I feel that the parents (especially the father) is being exploited by Religious actors pushing the right to life over the to be free of pain and suffering.

Lets not get started on the ****wits who tried to storm the hospital and have been harassing staff and other patients.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I've not been in the exact same situation as his parents, but I have seen my 6 week old son in a hospital NICU and listening to various doctors and not hearing a single word they say.

It's a heartbreaking situation, there is no right answer, but I feel that the parents (especially the father) is being exploited by Religious actors pushing the right to life over the to be free of pain and suffering.

Lets not get started on the ****wits who tried to storm the hospital and have been harassing staff and other patients.
    It's a bit of a no-win situtation for anyone. I understand fully why they would fight, and I understand why not hospital say he should be left to die, but they withdrew life support, he's still breathing and there is a place for him in the Vatican hospital paid for by the Pope, the spokesman for God & Jesus of one of the worlds largest religons where miracles could happen.

It's God versus Science and frankly he should have been allowed to go to Italy.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Completely agree -if the doctors here have withdrawn care then they have no right to stop the patient going somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Completely agree -if the doctors here have withdrawn care then they have no right to stop the patient going somewhere else.
        The doctors have a duty of care for the patients best interests, not the parents.

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          The doctors have a duty of care for the patients best interests, not the parents.
          They have withdrawn care and expect him to die

So they have in my view withdrawn all interest.

The key thing is they need that kid to die as if he lives the parents will sue.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            They have withdrawn care and expect him to die

So they have in my view withdrawn all interest.

The key thing is they need that kid to die as if he lives the parents will sue.
            They have withdrawn care because it is in his best interests, not that of the parents or the baying mobs.
            They believe that the child should not be forced to travel, just to support the parents or the mob.
            It is not in the child's best interest to travel.

The doctor's duty is to the patient. Not the parents. Not the media or the rent-a-mob.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

When was it exactly that all British children became wards of the state, above and beyond their biological parents? Seeking alternative medical opinion is not abuse.

I don't recall an announcement.

As a father with small children I don't share the faith in the state that some people here do, the state is wrong on many occasions and currently is turning it into an art form.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                When was it exactly that all British children became wards of the state, above and beyond their biological parents? Seeking alternative medical opinion is not abuse.

As a father with small children I don't share the faith in the state that some people here do, the state is wrong on many occasions and currently is turning it into an art form.
                "The State"? Do you mean the government or are you talking about doctors?

There's a big difference between career politicians and people who work hard, subscribing to good medical practices.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  "The State"? Do you mean the government or are you talking about doctors?

There's a big difference between career politicians and people who work hard, subscribing to good medical practices.
                  https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...cted-hospital/

Aysha King, nothing more to be said on the matter.

<Thread Closed>
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post

The concept of parental responsibility is set out in law - in the Children Act 1989 - conferring on parents this right broadly to decide what happens to their child, including the right to consent to medical treatment. But this right is not absolute.

If a public body considers that a parent's choices risk significant harm to their child, it can challenge these choices - but it must go to court in order to override the legal state of parental responsibility.

In the UK, the law doesn't consider either doctors or parents to be automatically right. That's why, when an agreement can't be reached, it comes down to the courts to make the final decision based on the evidence available.

If a parent say's no to a blood transfusion that will save a child life due to being Jehovah's Witnesses, most would agree the doctors are right to override the parents decision.

So why when a parent decides to prolong the suffering of a child is the situation different

Comment

Working...
                    X