• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extension question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extension question

At the end of this month will have done 17 months at clientco. They've offered me another 3 monther.

Work is undemanding, work life balance simple, programme is like a slow motion car-crash that nobody seems to care about apart from me and one other contractor.

Permies are slothlike & contractor haters, but cannot even tie their shoelaces.

I am bored, plus minted. Warchest is sitting at at least 9-12 months, plus I fancy the summer off

Do I

a) Take it (and rake it in)
    b) Jack it (and stick my feet up)
    c) Extend for 4/5 weeks and take all of July/August off, offering to come back in Sept if they want me.

In all cases, the project is still going to hit the barrier.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

c) Extend for 4/5 weeks and take all of July/August off, offering to come back in Sept if they want me.

Option b and give the poor buggers a chance to save their project IMO.

HTH.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

At the end of this month will have done 17 months at clientco. They've offered me another 3 monther.

Work is undemanding, work life balance simple, programme is like a slow motion car-crash that nobody seems to care about apart from me and one other contractor.

I am bored, plus minted. Warchest is sitting at at least 9-12 months, plus I fancy the summer off

Do I

Mrs MF says you need an extension as long as she never has to go near it.

And c), but only come back if you can't find anything better.

Or d) sub it to suity.

Comment

a.

You can never have too much money.

Comment

C

let those few weeks pay for a few extra luxury upgrades to something/somewhere and keep the warchest untouched
          Originally posted by Old Greg
          I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
          ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by marillionfan View Post
            at the end of this month will have done 17 months at clientco. They've offered me another 3 monther.

I am bored, plus minted. Warchest is sitting at at least 9-12 months, plus i fancy the summer off

do i

a) take it (and rake it in)
            b) jack it (and stick my feet up)
            c) extend for 4/5 weeks and take all of july/august off, offering to come back in sept if they want me.

aysycotbac?
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              aysycotbac?
              Oops.

LMGTFY

Just one return in the whole of the internet.

What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

As a contractor, you love money more than anything else. Make those permies hate you even more.

Comment

Oops.

LMGTFY

Just one return in the whole of the internet.

For posterity.

While I'm at it, you need to settle down mate.
                  Your cage fighting billy big bollocks act isn't impressing anyone.
                  Last edited by Zigenare; 1 May 2018, 13:57.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    For posterity.

While I'm at it, you need to settle down mate.
                    Your cage fighting billy big bollocks act isn't impressing anyone.
                    Hi Billy
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X