• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New General Election called!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New General Election called!

<placeholder>

Ref: Brexiteers send customs 'ultimatum' to Theresa May - BBC News

The country is coming together but Westminster is not. Labour have threatened to vote against the final agreement. The Lib Dems have said they want to grind the business of government to a standstill. Unelected members of the House of Lords have vowed to fight it every step of the way. A decisive election victory would strengthen the government’s hand in the Brexit negotiations.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Vote Lib Dems next Thu, I've done my duty, so should you...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Vote Lib Dems next Thu, I've done my duty, so should you...
        Is it really fair to vote for anyone but the Conservatives? As the other parties will be blamed for the fact that the local council doesn't have the money for social care, refuse collections and pot hole fixing due to funds being removed from them by Tory run central government. The Tory run central government would allow non- Tory led councils to go bankrupt.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          A decisive election victory would strengthen the government’s hand in the Brexit negotiations.
          Said Theresa May 18th April 2017.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Has there ever been a government that has managed to cause so much damage to families up and down the country, notwithstanding the mess the economy now finds itself in? They've been shown to lie to the house and public with contempt of the voting public.

Whatever a government should be surely a 1st priority should be to manage infrastructure / utility with the careful appropriation of taxes collected. Is there any evidence the government has managed that?
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Has there ever been a government that has managed to cause so much damage to families up and down the country, notwithstanding the mess the economy now finds itself in?
              Harold II certainly screwed things up. The UK is still suffering the consequences.

Comment

D-DAY FOR MAY: PM faces REBELLION of SIXTY Tories as she faces Brexit 'war cabinet'

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Strong and stable leadership all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    Harold II certainly screwed things up. The UK is still suffering the consequences.
                    Lol. Obviously Scooter was asleep during his history lessons.

Comment

Working...
                    X