• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wimbledon final, anyone been?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wimbledon final, anyone been?

I've been lucky enough to get men's final tickets on the ballot this year. I'm travelling down from oop North and have never been before... For the final day when should I arrive and what else goes on that day, to plan when to be traveling back? Earlier in the tournament there's stuff all over the place but the last Sunday?

Basically trying to work out if I can do it as a day trip, or should stay in London Saturday night.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I've been lucky enough to get men's final tickets on the ballot this year. I'm travelling down from oop North and have never been before... For the final day when should I arrive and what else goes on that day, to plan when to be traveling back? Earlier in the tournament there's stuff all over the place but the last Sunday?

Basically trying to work out if I can do it as a day trip, or should stay in London Saturday night.
    Nah don’t do it, it’s a nightmare.

How much do you want for them?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I was lucky enough to go last year. Can't remember what time it started but there was plenty going on beforehand - including junior finals, live band etc. It's unlikely you'll get the ballot again to the final so go early if you can and soak up the atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Stay in London, but don't forget to pack the essentials.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&...l_31xo9fc8d0_e

Comment

If you come down the night before and you're not planning to go out in London that evening, maybe look at places in Ewell, Epsom, Ashtead or Leatherhead - they will be significantly cheaper than that there London to stay in, and it's a half hour train ride from Leatherhead in (calling at the above listed stations) to Wimbledon.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Pat Cash has.

HTHBIDI
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Apparently if you turn up in your kit with racquets they let you have a knock about on the other courts.

It's true.

You should definitely do this.
              Last edited by Pondlife; 18 May 2018, 07:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                Apparently if you turn up in your kit with rackets they let you have a knock about on the other courts.

It's true.

You should definitely do this.
                I am sure it will end well.

Fathers' rights protestors storm Centre Court at Wimbledon | Daily Mail Online

Comment

I'd stay over. Holiday Inn Kensington High Street.
                  It's about £120 a night and on the District Line (handy for Wimbledon).
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Had centre court tickets last year for the first Wednesday and it turned out to be a great day. I have heard it isn't as busy on finals day and driving is a viable option if needed

Comment

Working...
                    X