• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No reward for being honest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No reward for being honest

S Korean cleaner may lose out after finding gold in bin - BBC News

What would you do?
    Do what thou wilt

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
    I think forefront of my mind, should I decide to trouser the gold, would be the possibility that somebody from some rather nasty criminal cartel would be pursuing me to the ends of the earth to get his swag back.

And when he finally found me, I would meet a very sticky end.

Comment

Originally posted by The Castle Cary Fairy View Post
      I think forefront of my mind, should I decide to trouser the gold, would be the possibility that somebody from some rather nasty criminal cartel would be pursuing me to the ends of the earth to get his swag back.

Bukakke party
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Bukakke party
        Bearing in mind TCCF is a bloke that's a double
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Castle Cary Fairy View Post

But until that happened, if it ever did, you'd live like a king.

I'd take my chances.

Comment

I remember when my stock portfolio went up by a huge amount, in fact it had gone down by a huge amount a couple of years earlier, and then later I got a letter asking me to justify where all that "wealth" had come from. That was in Switzerland where I simply declared my portfolio as you do on a routine basis.

In other words if you found 70 million on a pavement and it ends up as part of your wealth someone is going to be asking questions.

...and if you suddenly appear in another country then at some point you are going to be filling out a tax return and you will be living in a big house and you work as a cleaner, someone is going to be asking you some difficult questions.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
              But until that happened, if it ever did, you'd live like a king.

I'd take my chances.
              You must know some cheap royals, it's only £240,000 which is less than Prince Charles spent on a flight to South Africa according to this page: How much does the UK royal family cost? - BT
              England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

That's a very cynical world view. Before he was discharged on health grounds, shauny handed in anything he found while cleaning, out of a sense of esprit de catering corps.

Comment

"No good deed ever goes unpunished"
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Hope of reward should not determine your honesty!
                    (Yeah, I know that goes against the teachings of most religions...)
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                    X