• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone Else Get Annoyed by This?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Else Get Annoyed by This?

Saturday. I go to the local Morrisons to get fuel and there's an almighty queue spilling out onto the main carriageway of the road.

Anyway, 10 minutes later I make it onto the forecourt of the service station to find myself in a queue for one particular side of a line of pumps - there was only one car at the other so I zipped straight in feeling somewhat perplexed by the apparent need of some folks to needlessly be in a queue - though I had my suspicions and these were confirmed by the girl at the till when I went in to pay.

Yes, they were all in that queue because they were all so freakin' USELESS that they couldn't cope with the situation in which the pump is on the opposite side to the filler cap and obviously didn't have the wherewithal to perform the very simple action of pulling the hose round to the other side of the car

So, you get annoyed that you were able to pass a bunch of numpties and refuel your car sooner than them?

Inneresting.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      So, you get annoyed that you were able to pass a bunch of numpties and refuel your car sooner than them?

Inneresting.
      Annoyed that their queue was blocking anybody's entry onto the forecourt. I sat there for 10 minutes until I could actually opt to go to the other side of the pumps.

Comment

Originally posted by The Castle Cary Fairy View Post
        Saturday. I go to the local Morrisons to get fuel and there's an almighty queue spilling out onto the main carriageway of the road.

Anyway, 10 minutes later I make it onto the forecourt of the service station to find myself in a queue for one particular side of a line of pumps - there was only one car at the other so I zipped straight in feeling somewhat perplexed by the apparent need of some folks to needlessly be in a queue - though I had my suspicions and these were confirmed by the girl at the till when I went in to pay.

Yes, they were all in that queue because they were all so freakin' USELESS that they couldn't cope with the situation in which the pump is on the opposite side to the filler cap and obviously didn't have the wherewithal to perform the very simple action of pulling the hose round to the other side of the car
        depends, if you do this regularly there is a high chance you will end up scratching your car paint, thats the reason I avoid it, I am perfectly able to do it (and have done it in hire cars), but would never do it in my own car

Comment

I did that the other way round last week. Took our new motorhome for some diesel refreshment, went to the usual pump at our local supermarket and discovered that the fuel filler on the new van is the other side of the passenger's cab door to the old one so the hose won't reach. Meaning I had to lock it all up again, leave the supermarket, drive all the way around the roundabout and back through the one-way system to the petrol station again and wait to get into a queue for the other side of the pump. Much to the amusement of the ladies on the tills.

I won't make that mistake again!
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
            depends, if you do this regularly there is a high chance you will end up scratching your car paint, thats the reason I avoid it, I am perfectly able to do it (and have done it in hire cars), but would never do it in my own car
            Interesting - but surely the only thing to come into contact with the paint would be the rubber hose and I can't imagine that would scratch the paintwork?

Comment

Some petrol stations - normally the supermarkets - specifically have long hoses so you can do it with out scratching your car paint.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Some petrol stations - normally the supermarkets - specifically have long hoses so you can do it with out scratching your car paint.
                there is nothing magic about long hoses that stops them scratching paint, if they touch the paint and you do it regularly then you are running the risk of damaging the paint

Comment

there is nothing magic about long hoses that stops them scratching paint, if they touch the paint and you do it regularly then you are running the risk of damaging the paint
                  There is a trick to filling your car without the hose touching it so you won't get it scratched - clearly you haven't learnt it. Shell, BP etc don't tend to have long hoses so I don't bother.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Here in Munich there's a nice man who appears the moment I drive into the forecourt and fills the tank up for me so that my hands will not be contaminated with those nasty fumes. Think this used to happen in the UK too once upon a time, the times Mogg & Co. lust after.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X