• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snowflake tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snowflake tax

Suprosed this hasn't been done yet:

Tax on pensioners proposed to heal inter-generational divide - BBC News

A £10,000 payment should be given to the young and pensioners taxed more, a new report into inter-generational fairness in the UK suggests.

The research and policy organisation, the Resolution Foundation, says these radical moves are needed to better fund the NHS and maintain social cohesion.

Its chairman, Lord Willetts, said the contract between young and old had "broken down".

Without action, young people would become "increasingly angry", he said.

The Resolution Foundation says its goal is to improve outcomes for people on low and modest incomes.
    So blaming older generations for 'having it better' yields results apparently.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

As an older generation, do I give a tulip? Well no, not really. I started on £15 a week with no housing and a pregnant girlfriend. After 40+ years of work and paying not inconsiderable amounts of tax, I feel I have earned my retirement, which is 90% funded by my money anyway.

As for the youngsters who can't cope, f*** 'em, says I. Get out and cope. Or blame your parents for teaching you that you deserve without contributing.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

The main moan is the cost of housing.

Unfortunately no government can be bothered to sort it out.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        As an older generation, do I give a tulip? Well no, not really. I started on £15 a week with no housing and a pregnant girlfriend. After 40+ years of work and paying not inconsiderable amounts of tax, I feel I have earned my retirement, which is 90% funded by my money anyway.

As for the youngsters who can't cope, f*** 'em, says I. Get out and cope. Or blame your parents for teaching you that you deserve without contributing.

15GBP a week as a young man one generation ago had a hell of a lot more purchasing power than it does now. Did you have student loans per chance or were you also not part of that generation?

Comment

So I left uni in 1994 - with student loans etc

My first job was on about 9 grand a year - which is about £500 quid a month

Since then worked hard and like M I have money saved, a decent pension pot etc

However for much of the 90's I was skint as a ****, did not have a pot to piss in, did not rive a golf gti on options for 300 quid a month, did not have the latest mobile phone at £70 a month did not get a hipster do every 2 weeks for 20 quid

Did not feel entitled to fook all unless I earned it.

Do you want me to go on?

Or do you have the idea that I also do not give a fook about snowflakes?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

My first job was on about 9 grand a year - which is about £500 quid a month

Since then worked hard and like M I have money saved, a decent pension pot etc

However for much of the 90's I was skint as a ****, did not have a pot to piss in, did not rive a golf gti on options for 300 quid a month, did not have the latest mobile phone at £70 a month did not get a hipster do every 2 weeks for 20 quid

Did not feel entitled to fook all unless I earned it.

Do you want me to go on?

Or do you have the idea that I also do not give a fook about snowflakes?
            How much was your first house?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Where are those morons who argued pensions won't get taxed?

Comment

:::
                All the same, it looks like some snowflakiness has rubbed off on you, because you have adopted their extremely irritating habit of starting sentences, for no apparent reason, with "So"!
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  How much was your first house?
                  Bought for 45k in 1997 - I was probably on 16k per year

Those houses are now about 100k.....

But then the salary of most 25 year olds with a degree and having had job for 4 years is probably more than £16k per year - is it doubled at 32k per year? No idea.

Comment

Bought for 45k in 1997 - I was probably on 16k per year

Those houses are now about 100k.....

But then the salary of most 25 year olds with a degree and having had job for 4 years is probably more than £16k per year - is it doubled at 32k per year? No idea.
                    And the student debt they come out with now, compared to your loan? How much were your university tuition fees and loan?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X