• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Late rooms tech test

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late rooms tech test

Has anyone had experience interviewing at laterooms?

Its looking likely that Ill have a tech test in the form of a Kata, just wondering if anyone has done the same and what the test actually was?

Gun Katas?

Comment

Sorry, i'v'e never performed a tech test in my IT career

Comment

Originally posted by Snarf View Post

Its looking likely that Ill have a tech test in the form of a Kata, just wondering if anyone has done the same and what the test actually was?
        Not sure if relevant but when they asked me what kind of hotel I preferred I let them know one that charges by the hour with car parking that can't be seen from the street.

Comment

I did this, seemed to work well. Client hired me as a bodyguard.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I did this, seemed to work well. Client hired me as a bodyguard.

Isn't that - EX client??

Comment

Anyone who can actually use their website should qualify as a pass. It's crap, and if you don't get the gig, you should tell them so.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                Not sure if relevant but when they asked me what kind of hotel I preferred I let them know one that charges by the hour with car parking that can't be seen from the street.
                So now we know how Darren is making ends meet.

Comment

I decline gigs that expect web or written tests as part of the interview process.

Would you do that when you hire an accountant or solicitor? No.

These clients need to grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                    I decline gigs that expect web or written tests as part of the interview process.

Would you do that when you hire an accountant or solicitor? No.

These clients need to grow up.
                    I recently made three 'Tableau' developers knock me up some visualizations on some sample data I had. They had 15 minutes.

Two of them didn't have a clue, the last one made a full dashboard and pointed out where the data was wrong and how they'd fix it.

Contactors lie like cheap watches, so a simple technical test is valid.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X