• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Budge Up!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Budge Up!

Benched!

After two years at ClientCo, which is I think the longest I've ever stayed with one client, I have finally managed to escape

Another five days and I would have hit the 24 month limit on claiming travel expenses, which wouldn't be ideal with a 140-mile daily commute. So I told them a couple of months ago I wouldn't take another extension, and today is Liberation Day.

Time to relax and enjoy the warchest

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Hopefully, there'll be something good to watch on TV....

Comment

Congrats. Just passed 24 months at my ClientCo and that's a record for me too. Had enough really.

Comment

Benched!

After two years at ClientCo, which is I think the longest I've ever stayed with one client, I have finally managed to escape

Another five days and I would have hit the 24 month limit on claiming travel expenses, which wouldn't be ideal with a 140-mile daily commute. So I told them a couple of months ago I wouldn't take another extension, and today is Liberation Day.

warchest? what are a bunch of civvies doing with a warchest?

Comment

So, is it Golf? or crown green bowling next?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            So, is it Golf? or crown green bowling next?
            I'm quite enthused about all the machine learning stuff they were showing off at the AWS Summit yesterday, so I reckon I'll start digging into that - bound to be a few bob in it over the next few years

Comment

I'm quite enthused about all the machine learning stuff they were showing off at the AWS Summit yesterday, so I reckon I'll start digging into that - bound to be a few bob in it over the next few years
              if only i knew where to start

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                if only i knew where to start

Here: https://aws.amazon.com/machine-learning/

Comment

oh, dear, - back to my Algol, Fortran and BAL roots then, - probably a bit late for that, but i'll give it a butcher's out of interest

Comment

Practically every paper these days in the ArXiV Computer Science group is about machine learning of one form or another. So it's obviously the main up and coming area, along with robotics.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X