• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Here's a Great Little Money Saving Tip For You

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a Great Little Money Saving Tip For You

Paying over the odds for your National Trust Membership?

Well, apparently you can join the New Zealand NT & it's half the price and membership entitles you to enter all the NT properties over here.

So, a family membership (2adults and any number of school age children) costs $95. That's £48.

Whereas a family membership with the UK National Trust costs £120.

One caveat, though. NZ membership doesn't include parking.

By the way - although it says on the NZ website that membership gets you reduced or free entry to overseas properties, I have been reliably informed (by yesterday's fellow passenger on the flight back from Amsterdam) that it gains you free entry to all UK properties.

You heard it here first.

Personally, I cancelled my membership when the NT enforced the sale of healthy low fat, low sugar cakes in all the cafes on its properties.

I always used to enjoy a nice Wiltshire lardy cake after a circuit of the lake at Stourhead. Not any more - you just can't feel the fat running down your chin with these new nanny state offerings.

Can't see the Kiwis putting up with this nonsense. I'm in....
    Last edited by The Castle Cary Fairy; 11 May 2018, 23:30.

If you have NZ membership is it obligatory to have relations with sheep at the NT properties or is that optional?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
      If you have NZ membership is it obligatory to have relations with sheep at the NT properties or is that optional?
      Judging by all the rainbow flags on display when I last visited an NT property, I think you'll find that the NT is a very inclusive organisation these days.

Comment

I shall be checking this out later tonight as I am going to an NT site tomorrow and was going to join.

I wonder if my English Heritage works in Sctoland?
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I shall be checking this out later tonight as I am going to an NT site tomorrow and was going to join.

I wonder if my English Heritage works in Sctoland?
          i would think so, - nrania too

Comment

I bought the parentals lifetime English Heritage membership a few years ago. I think they've used it twice. So that's been good value.

That said, they've booked one of those holidays in The Sun to IoW and will use their membership to visit Osborne House.

I used to work for English Heritage, before I left the dark side, and foolishly didn't keep my staff pass which would have given me free entry to all properties. At least two staffers told me not to hand it in!

Comment

how about your company does a charitable donation to national trust ... in exchange for lifetime membership :-)

Comment

I paid about £1000 for family lifetime membership about 15 years ago. Seems a no brainer if you're going to use it regularly and aren't planning on dying soon. My parents have had their family lifetime membership for 40 years and counting now.
                I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post
                  I paid about £1000 for family lifetime membership about 15 years ago. Seems a no brainer if you're going to use it regularly and aren't planning on dying soon. My parents have had their family lifetime membership for 40 years and counting now.
                  Inneresting.

Comment

Become an NT volunteer. Free membership...
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X