• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear - 1 in 10 Britons have gone abroad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear - 1 in 10 Britons have gone abroad

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6210358.stm

Almost one in 10 British citizens is living overseas, according to a study of people coming in and out of the UK.

Studies by the Institute for Public Policy Research, published on the BBC News website, indicate that at least 5.5m British-born people live abroad.

Figures suggest the rate of departure has been so great that population falls are only masked by immigration.

I find it amusing that:

The exodus coincides with the arrival of the New Lie.
    The immigration of non-Brits is perfectly acceptable counter balance to the departure of the indiginous population.

All is well then.

I was discussing this with some ex-Brits at the weekend. I think this has to do with the weather, dirty trains and slummy areas. You know rusty cars poking out the Thames estuary.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Exactly my thoughts when I read it - liebour spin to mask the underlying problem...
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Whe I read that story this morning, I'm sure there was a claim that they were replaced by 'highly skilled immigrants'...

Funny, the story timed at midday doesn't contain that claim.
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
          Whe I read that story this morning, I'm sure there was a claim that they were replaced by 'highly skilled immigrants'...

Yes, there was some arse New Lie drone, celebrating diversity by stating all the numpties are going to make way for a new breed of "highly skilled, super educated immigrants".

I think even the Blair Broadcasting Corp have seen that for what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd

You mean this bit?

""Two-thirds of Britons who leave do so to seek employment abroad - and are replaced by skilled professionals from elsewhere in the world.

"When the going is good, Brits get going."
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I left quite a few years ago. The great thing is, should I return I should be able to get on that non-domicile low tax arrangement so favoured by Aussies, etc.

Comment

I left many years ago and it was nothing to do with Tone and his mates but his predecessor who started it all, Maggie 'doing the Pinochet mambo' Thatcher.
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Looking at that article it appears it's mainly the morons going abroad. That's not really a bad thing is it? I imagine if you are hard up and a bit thick, Australia seems like paradise.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                    I imagine if you are hard up and a bit thick, Australia seems like paradise.
                    You might be onto something there Baggy. After all, that pretty much describes 20 million Australians. Some paradise mind you, all funnel-webs and extra fingers!!
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X